California-Bay Area
Options

Reccommend a Cheap Wedding Cake?

Hi,
My best friend is getting married on a Sunday this September at the Brazil Room in Berkeley.  Can anyone recommend someone who makes wedding cakes for a bargain?  East Bay preferably.

Thank you in advance!!!

Amber

Re: Reccommend a Cheap Wedding Cake?

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any local Chinese bakery will do it for about $2/slice.  Some are cheaper, but I don't know how the cake tastes when it's only $1/slice.

Cakecreationsbybev.com .  Beverly was busy for my weekend, but maybe she's free for yours.  She charges $2.50/slice and only makes one cake per weekend day, so you know it'll be fresh.

And, of course, grocery stores/bulk stores are usually the cheapest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard Let Patisserie in Lafayette is pretty reasonable, but I have not checked them out yet.  They are suppose to be just as good as Katrina Rozelle in Walnut Creek, but not as expensive.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! I'm getting married at the Brazil Room Sept 18th. I opted with cupcakes since FI aren't too into cake. But Carolyn Wong makes delicious cakes and they're at about $2.75 a slice. I did a tasting with her before electing cupcakes, she's super sweet and the cakes are yummy.

Walnut Creek Bakery has some pretty amazing cakes as well...but a little higher cost.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Joey's Bakery in Napa, we are getting our cake from there it will feed 100 people about cost 250,  the cake taste great!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards