North Carolina
Options

To gift or not to gift??

Hey Ladies! I have not been on in forever. Hope everyone is doing well!
We were married in May. A friend of ours, and his now fiance, did not give us a wedding gift, just a card. We were thinking that his fiance may have taken the money that he put in the card for  herself. We wouldn't put that past her...
When they get arried in Sept. do we give them anything???
Thoughts please!

Re: To gift or not to gift??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i would still give. if they had been married before you, and you didn't know what they would/wouldn't give you, what would you have bought? that is what i would do.

hope this helps!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_gift-not-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:d1b112e4-2dcd-40aa-84a2-2ee3657c467cPost:a577dfdf-b2b6-4d16-a55b-efbade264e73">To gift or not to gift??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Ladies! I have not been on in forever. Hope everyone is doing well! We were married in May. A friend of ours, and his now fiance, did not give us a wedding gift, just a card. We were thinking that his fiance may have taken the money that he put in the card for  herself. We wouldn't put that past her... When they get arried in Sept. do we give them anything??? Thoughts please!
    Posted by wendyh33[/QUOTE]

I don't think their gift or lack of gift or anything about your wedding has anything at all to do with you giving/not giving them a gift for theirs.

If you want to and can afford a gift, you should give one. Regardless of their prior actions. 
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah. . It's not a tit for tat deal. You give what you feel like giving and what you can financially give.

My BM didn't give us a 'physical gift'  or card (however I feel that her purchasing the dress and being there with us and doing the festivities with my Moh and I was a gift).

Two months after our wedding, when she got married (I was a BM in her wedding) we got her a gift, because we could afford to and I felt like buying them something (granted.. I just like giving gifts too). . .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards