Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon during Hurricane Season...

We are trying to figure out where to go on our honeymoon. We live in Florida so it just seems pretty obvious to go to the islands, but we are getting married in Sept 29th so honeymoon will be in Oct. which is the end of hurricane season. Any ideas of any other place other than the Caribbean and Hawaii...that wont break our bank. Thanks in advance ladies :)

Re: Honeymoon during Hurricane Season...

• Options
    The good thing about travelling to the Caribbean during the end of hurricane season is that you still get lower prices.  For this reason, I like travelling to the Caribbean in October :) But if you are concerned, look into Aruba, which does not get hit by hurricanes.  It is not as cheap as Caribbean locations such as Mexico and the DR, but worth looking into.  There are some big hotels there, but I liked the Amsterdam Manor because it was small and intimate and we could go into town for dinner and drinks if we wanted to. 
    I haven't been to Cabo, but I'm considering it for the honeymoon - no worries about hurricanes there.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    It's also hurricane season is Cabo during that time. A lot of people don't realize that. Hurricane season doesn't officially end until late November as well. That being said, I have never let hurricane season deter me from traveling to hurricane prone areas, but I have had to cancel a trip once because the airlien canceled flights because of an approaching storm. If there is somewhere specific that you want to go, book it and buy travel insurance.

• Options
    the pacific hurricane season ends mid-october. atlantic and caribbean ends nov 30. that being said what's your budget?

• Options

Please if you want to relax do not choose a cruise.  You have to follow a schedule and you really have no alone time...Plus the cabins are small and many are without bathtubs.  Dont get me wrong I love cruises....for family,groups and couples who are just trying to get away.  At an all inclusive you can stay on the beach as long as you want you will have a big ob bathtub you can fill up with bubbles you both can enjoy and relax in.  For more cost effective I say Jamaica or Riviera Maya.  In Jamaica you will have to stay on the compound and as for Riviera Maya the sky is the limit great beaches and beautiful sand.  Yes a cruise can diviate from the storm but you may risk staying out to sea for additional days and missing ports.  I suggest you get cancel for any reason insurance.  All you have to do is call your travel agent and say,"hey! I dont want to go!"  Your agent calls the insurance comany and poof you are refunded within 7-14 business days! This will run you about 300.00 extra but when it comes tdown to it...Its worth every penny!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards