Canada-Ontario
Options

Le Jardin Vaughan? Reviews?

Hi, I finally know someone in real life who is getting married close to me. She is looking for a hall and has spoken to the people at Le Jardin. They seem nice and the quotes so far are great.

She isn't a member here, she isn't online much at all.

Any reviews on Le Jardin in Vaughan. Online they look beautiful but that doesn't mean much.

Anyone try their food or been there for a wedding?

Re: Le Jardin Vaughan? Reviews?

• Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also looked at Le Jardin and there prices are reasonable, when I mentioned the venue to two of my BMs put the brakes on as they had attended weddings there.  They said while the venue is a beautiful hall, the food was awful.

I also know someone else who didn't think the food was bad and had her wedding there so, I guess it's a matter of perspective. Is there any way your friend can taste the food first?
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, they will let you have a tasting dinner before signing anything. There is a charge of $25/person but you can taste your own dinnner and samples of other meats and pastas.

She said I could go with her. (in July) I hope the food is good because the price she is getting if she signs is great. I'll let you know after.
  • Options
    onetieronetier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a fan.  The food isn't great at all.
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    edited December 2011
    I am getting really mixed reviews. Maybe that's a bad sign because they aren't consistant. Online she did find great reviews but I trust this message board more.

I had started to consider switching to this hall too. Now I don't know.
  • Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go for a tasting if you can.... as you said, obviously there is mixed reviews.  My friend who did get married there (I wasn't at the wedding) said it was "typical hall food" which I am personally not a fan of and is why I went with a non-traditional hall venue as the food is important to me.  If food isn't important and other things are, then it doesn't matter.  Just need to decide what your priorities are.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    akacoconutakacoconut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there as a guest and enjoyed it. However, when pricing for venues, they were really expensive. The most expensive out of the 4 venues I got quotes from for less food. They charge for the room and food seperately.
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I'll she should make sure there aren't hidden costs. They have quoted her a per/person price that is reasonable but there was no mention of room costs. I hope it's not a surprise for later.

EDIT There is a room charge for high season. The prices are way lower for Jan-March and they include the room rental.

I wish I would have just looked around more to begin with.  I don't know how this place will work for me out but in the off-season everyone is so much more willing to ake deals. The only downside is if you are really a summer/warm weather person.  It seems she will do the tasting in July and I'll be going so I will find out for sure how things seem.
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definately got to the food tasting and make your decision then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards