Pre-wedding Parties
Options

I think I just angered my MOH...

So my MOH has been great so far.  She has been really, really worried ever since I asked her to be my MOH that she wouldn't be a good MOH and such.  However, I never doubted her ability to go above and beyond for me.  We are both in our 30's now and met in 2nd grade!

However, when she sent out the invitations to the Bridal shower she didn't include clear RSVP information, and only included her email address as a way to RSVP.  I know that there are poeple on the guest list who don't do email.  I also feel the location of the RSVP information was really small and hard to find. 

So I decided I would send out an email to those I know do email saying that there was an error on the invitations and no phone number was included and here is the contact information for RSVP's (email, phone, and said they could also contact me). 

I had tried to ask my MOH about doing this, prior to sending the email, but never heard back.  So I figured no biggie and sent anyway.  Made a few phone calls (for those who I know don't do email) and let her know the outcome of all of that.

Well lets just say she wasn't happy, she said "It's my party I am throwing for YOU and I didn't want to you have to do anything!" and so on. 

Now I feel really bad, all I was trying to do was help.  How should I try to smooth this over with her?
Being weird is an asset! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I think I just angered my MOH...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You are definitely in the wrong.You should have left it up to your MOH to follow up on the RSVPs. This makes it look like you think she is not capable and you may have given some of those guests the impression that you were planning your own shower.

You owe your MOH an apology.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would apologize to her. She is right- it is a party she is throwing for you and although you may have had the best intentions it comes across as rude for you to step on her toes like that. From what you said, it sounds like she would probably accept your apology pretty readily and then you can move on from the whole thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I apologized to her, and she seemed ok after.  I still got 2 calls today alone from guests who hadn't received my email yet, but were asking how to call her to RSVP.  I just gave them her phone number and left it at that.
    Being weird is an asset! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe she didn't want to give her phone number out to random people. I would check with her on that one, if that makes her un comfortable maybe if guests call you, you can refer them to her email or RSVP for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards