Washington-Seattle

Cakes and Kelli Q's

Whats the average cost of cakes around here (e.g. per slice/per person)?  I found a dessert option I really love - cheesecakes.  However, it's more than I think I want to spend, they don't deliver, and they cakes are not that "pretty".  We're having about 130 people and I'd like to be closer to $300-$350 total including delivery (within Seattle).  Is this even reasonable?

I know Kelli is a fav on here.  Does anyone know about what her total cost would be for a cake that serves 120-140?  Would she work with my budget? 

TIA

Re: Cakes and Kelli Q's

• jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kelli varies her prices depenidng on your flavor..i think it's about 2.00 a slice + mine was $700 for about 250 guests i think? i had her make extra because i didn't think there'd be enough, but there were PLENTY.

and i'm very sure kelli will work with you...given that you are reasonable and aren't asking her for a $100 cake.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my cake from Kelli. I think I paid about 287 (including tax and delivery) for 100 people. Just let her know your budget and refer someone to her later to save on delivery. Also, if you like her on facebook I think you get 10% off too.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't had our wedding yet, but we did hire Kelli. She gave us a price of around $300 for 80 people max.

You should at least check her out and try her cakes. Really, I was quite impressed. But if you have your heart set on cheesecake, I'm sure you can find someone who will deliver :o)

ETA: I think the cost included the delivery fee :o)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We had a cake for 150 people, and I think we paid either $330 or $380, but we definitely had at least one expensive filling. There was a thread a few weeks/months ago where someone asked about cheap cakes and there were some other options given ... I'll try to dig it up :).

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, guys for your help.  It really does help to hear that my range is workable and reasonable.  I've put an email in to Kelli.  Niq, good tip, I found that string!  I'll look into some of those suggestions as well.

As always, you guys are great!
  • edited December 2011
    I know Kelli is a favorite but I love, love, love my baker - Dan at Decedance Custom Cakes.  My finace and I went to several cake tastings and his were by far the tastiest and his cakes were beautiful!  I can not wait for my wedding to see the finished product!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 65 asked to watch us make it happen
    image 51 helping us party
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards