Flowers
Options

No ceremony arrangements?

We are getting married in a rather ornate old church (here is a picture of the altar).  Flowers just aren't that important to me, and I'm thinking I might not want to do floral arrangements at the church at all, primarily to save money.  The church is large, and the altar area is pretty big is well, and between the size and how ornate the design of the church itself is, I'm thinking floral arrangements would be lost.  And unnecessary.

Yes?  No?  Would you even notice if there were no floral arrangements at a church (other than bouquets/bouts)?

Thanks, all!

Re: No ceremony arrangements?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If its pretty enough why spend the money?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, don't do flowers. IMO, it would make it look tacky since that church is so ornate. 

Very beautiful church!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with everyone, no need for flowers. Gorgeous church!!!!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Flowers are not that important to you?  Absolutely do not spend money on arrangments for the Church.  Enjoy!

• Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Love the church and it doesn't need a single decoration.

We aren't doing decorations because the chapel we are using has very strict rules about decorations and I've decided not to deal with it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all for the input!!  The church would require (I think) for us to leave the flowers there... and that's a lot of money to spend on something people are going to see for half an hour.

Thanks again for making me feel better about the idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ::jaw dropping:: That is a gorgeous church! Adding flowers would amost take away from the beauty. FWIW-We are not allowed to put anything on the altar in our church.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do ceremony flowers either since we were on a lake and we decided that was pretty enough. 

No one will notice. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards