Arizona-Phoenix
Options

David's Bridal Alterations?

I have a question for those brides that got their dress from David's Bridal...did you get your alterations done there or did you go someplace else.  My dress just came in and I am going back and forth with getting my alterations there or from someplace cheaper.  Any suggestions or personal experience would be appreciated.

Re: David's Bridal Alterations?

• Options
    LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any helpful advice to offer, but I am in the same quandry, so I'm glad you asked about it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that most ladies on the board recommend janet kirkman for dress alterations

http://www.janetkirkman.com/

I have not taken my dress in for alterations, but I am planning on using her.
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was originally going to DB to get my alterations because they'll also steam and get the wrinkles out, too. But they won't do that if you go somewhere else and then go back to the store. At least that's what one of the ladies said. I've heard more bad than good things about DB alterations, so I am thinking about going somewhere else, but I haven't decided yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a bridesmaid dress altered at Davids once and it cost more than the dress did!!!  I second the rec of Janet Kirkman, she is amazing and very reasonably priced!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    David's is way overpriced. I've heard wonderful things about Janet Kirkman. My mom uses a woman named Lily at a dry cleaners on the southeast corner of Dobson and Baseline (near Albertson's). She does a nice job and doesn't charge nearly what David's does. I've used her and I trust her, but I don't know if she's done wedding dresses. Definitely check out Janet Kirkman. It sounds like she's the best!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh gosh, now i have to worry about the DB alterations? are they really that bad?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Skip David's.  They are terrible.  My dress was from David's, and Janet restructured my dress completely.  She mentioned that the David's dresses rarely have enough support, and that can cause your dress to fit awkwardly.  (Think of your ribcage supporting it as opposed to your hips.  You are going to constantly be pulling it up.)

David's is overpriced, and they treat your dress like it's just another dress.  Janet has a true love and passion for wedding dresses, and she won't disappoint you.  She has never had a bad review on this board.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    jabecknerjabeckner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll second the skip David's I had a Bridesmaid dress altered there, just to make it an inch shorter, and it cost me $60. For a hem.... Thought it was way silly, the dress itself only cost $150, so the alterations were about 1/3 the dress cost. Silly.
    Jolie on the Run Wedding Countdown Ticker
    132 Invited image
    38 Can't wait to party image
    0 Don't like fun image
    94 ? image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    how much time does Janet need to do the alterations? DB suggested 6-8 weeks before the wedding to start coming in for alterations, is it pretty much the same for Janet or anywhere else?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards