Plus-Sized
Options

New here *waves*

Hi ladies!
I've been lurking for a while and decided to un-lurk.  lol  This seems like a great board with amazing people, and I think I'll fit right in - no pun intended.

I'm Lisa from Chicago.  I'm 36 and my fiance' is 42.  This is the first marriage for both of us, and we have a daughter together who is almost 5.  In my past life, I was a social worker, and now I stay home to take care of my daughter.

We're planning a destination wedding and since we've been engaged for a while, we've pretty much decided on everything we want.  Now to just get it all paid for and have things go smoothly throughout the rest of the engagement and the big day.  Easier said than done, especially with my family.  Ya know that movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding?  Yup, that's my family, only we're not Greek.  lol  The decision to do a destination wedding went over like a lead balloon, but once they realized I wasn't backing down, they either became OK with it or have learned to keep their opinions to themselves.  WE couldn't be more excited about our plans, and that's all that really matters.  Laughing

Anyway, I figured I'd give a quick intro before jumping in on the threads.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and helping each other get through all the ups and downs.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: New here *waves*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards