California-Los Angeles
Options

Engagement session venues?

Hello Knotties!

Would love any suggested engagement session venues. :) Ideally, we are looking for a formal/manicured garden. We are getting married close to the beach and celebrating our reception in a ballroom -- so we felt an outdoor, garden setting would help set our e-photos apart from our wedding photos.

Greystone Mansion and the gardens at Langham Pasadena have the feel that we are going for... but I'm not sure that either allows e-sessions.

Re: Engagement session venues?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try the Getty but they don't really allow professional pictures either.  If your photographer doesn't make a huge production out of it you'll be fine.  One of the other knotties (I believe it was Tyswife) had hers taken there also.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes it was me with e-pics and The Getty...

Surprisingly, the security didnt bother us one bit...and it was very clear that we were taking pictures.

HTH!
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    katrinakimkatrinakim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies. The Getty is a great idea -- love how the scenery ranges from modern to garden-y. Have a great day!
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katrina- I just wanted to caution you, if you used your full name for your screen name you should make a new account.  There's been instances of stalking and even mysterious cancelation of vendors because of people using their full name on here.  I just wanted to advise you with internet safety.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also like the gardens outside the central library. And the gardens at the Disney concert hall.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    south coast botanical gardens (in palos verdes)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks jagore08! :) Please be assured that I am not using my full name.

Appreciate all the great suggestions!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we just took ours at the LA Arboretorum. It was gorgous! and they have peacocks walking all over the place that make for great shots!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    theta_bombshell: LA Arboretum is GORGEOUS. Checked out their site... and it appears they require a $300 fee for photography?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards