Ohio-Northeast
Options

Salon - Hair and Makeup near Canton

Hello,

Does anyone know of any very nice salons near Canton for wedding day hair and/or makeup?

Any experience with Scott Talbot?

Thanks so much for any advice.

Re: Salon - Hair and Makeup near Canton

• Options
    edited December 2011

JLS on Fulton Rd in Canton for hair. not sure if they do make up.  I go there and know several other girls that go there. very trendy and all the girls there do great work. even when i lived in cleveland, i would drive down to get my hair down there bc that how good they are.  

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." ~ When Harry Met Sally
  • Options
    If in need of a makeup artist still, I can come to you. Email me at vivianmortiz@live.com. Can show you pics of my work. Thanks Vivian
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    DO NOT GO TO SCOTT TALBOT!!!!!

WARNING!!!!
    I booked my bridal/bridal party hair and makeup here for my wedding earlier this month.  Although the stylists did an amazing job - the front desk managed to mess up the entire morning of my wedding.  

After everyone was finished getting their hair and makeup done, we went to the front desk to pay only to find out that they did not have a deposit under our name...even though my mother went to to make the deposit months prior.  We told them when we made the deposit and how we made the deposit (not to mention asking them how we still had appointments if they didn't have a deposit...) and they refused to help us in anyway and were demanding that we either pay in full or go back and get the receipt and bring it to them (like we had enough time the DAY OF OUR WEDDING to do that...).

45 MINUTES LATER - they finally found the deposit (apparently they had put it in the system under a service they don't do anymore...).  At this time I was supposed to be in my dress and on my way to the church, but instead I was still waiting at the salon.  Aside from this ordeal causing a huge amount of unneeded stress on our big day, we also missed out on taking any pictures before the ceremony.

Even worse - when my mom went back in that Monday to speak to someone about this ordeal, the only thing they offered in return was $5 off the TOTAL.  At $50 a person and with 7 people total...that is NOTHING (not even enough to cover 1 person's tip!).  I found that to be a complete slap in the face.

I find this to be completely unfortunate since my family and I have gone to this salon for YEARS - even despite the fact that many of our favorite stylists have left...but now it is easy to see why - they are losing business off of the salon's poor business practices!

So BRIDES BEWARE!  I would hate for anyone else to go through this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards