Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Elope -small intimate ceremony

We are looking for just a small private area for our ceremony. It is a second wedding for us, and it will just be the two of us, in the city we love, New Orleans. We can not pay thousands of dollars for 15-20 minutes! It will be on a weekday. We won't have Anya guests, just the two of us. We don't mind spending money on flowers, photography and hair and make-up. ( At least I don't lol !) Can anyone help? Thanks!

Re: Elope -small intimate ceremony

• Options
    You will need 2 witnesses I'm told.
    I've just been scouring the resources and older posts for some awesome info.
  • Options
    When we were getting our marriage license at the Algiers courthouse, a couple came in to get married and it was so very sweet. The courthosue is an old beautiful building just accross the river from the Quarter. You could take the ferry over and then go back to the Quarter for a nice lunch or dinner.

There's also Pirate's Alley and other places around the quarter, check out Fig Street Weddings http://www.figstreet.com/weddings/
  • Options
    My mom got married at the Algiers Courthouse. Then we went out in the Quarter afterwards. You could take photos in the neighborhood surrounding (very cute creole cottages) and on the levee and then have fun celebrating afterwards.
  • Options
    City Park and Audubon Park both have lots of lovely spots to tie the knot. One of my favorite City Park spots is the Popp Bandstand. My friends had their engagement shots done here and they were really nice. You can't rent it out. But you shouldn't need to for a 20 minute ceremony on a weekday. A really beautiful spot in Audubon Park is the fountain off of St. Charles Avenue. It's sort of across from Loyola University. Here's a picture:
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, I was hoping to find a courtyard but no luck so far.
  • Options
    Check out some b and b's uptown or in the quarter. They might let you use their courtyard if you stay there.
  • Options
    Try Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation.  They have intimate packages at a good price.  My friend did her small wedding there and LOVED it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_elope-small-intimate-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:1a9129b4-caa4-4bbf-9436-dfbc63d8c050Post:008d5885-f236-4f22-8ab2-f301beb8d365">Re: Elope -small intimate ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation.  They have intimate packages at a good price.  My friend did her small wedding there and LOVED it.
    Posted by BBowles04[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Hi there,

I am doing this in March and coming all the way from Ireland. I think we are just going to have it in City park and will decide on the day as lots of nice places there. I have booked officiant , photographer and hair/beauty so if you need any info let me know. Going to Muriels after then for wedding dinner
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards