Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

just got engaged

Really excited.don't no where to start

Re: just got engaged

• Options
    Congrats! Start by thinking of where you would like to get married. How soon? Depending on where u want to get married you might want to wait on setting a date until you get the place booked. Start by looking on here. It really is a great site. If you know what your budget is you can put it into a calculator on the site that will help u get an idea on how much to spend for each thing. Again congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats! The first thing I did was took a few days just to enjoy beng engaged! And then we started talking about a geneal time when we want to get married like Summer 2013, etc. And then we looked for different venues so we could see what dates they had available... once we narrowed down the venue, we looked at the dates and asked the important people parents, siblings, potential bridesmaids and groomsmen) to see what worked best for them... And from that we chose a date! Then i used The Knot checklist with the rest!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats ! 
    First after relaxing for a few days - I started with my guest list -  there were a few places I had been thinking of in regards to venue that were automatically eliminated because of the guest list - and people that couldn't be cut off of it no matter how hard I tried to shift the cut off line - one of the first questions many venues asked was roughly how many people we were talking about...

After I had my guest list I decided on time of year

Then make some appointments to look at a few places - even if you love the first one find a few other places that you can look at other than THE place - it helps solidify why you like place 1 over 2 and 3 - and can give you some bargaining chips when contract negotiating

Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congratulations!

I agree with taking a few days/weeks/whatever to enjoy being engaged.  We knew right away that we didn't want a super long engagement, so we started planning about 3-4 weeks after he proposed, just by figuring out basics (budget, what time of year, where, how many people approximately, etc) and it rolled from there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    How did he propose????????
    Daisypath Friendship tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards