Maine
Options

Stunning wedding locations

jlb73jlb73 member
First Comment
Hi ladies - I'm not from Maine, but my fiance and I are looking to hold a New England beach wedding next September.  We're looking in Maine, NH and the northern part of Mass.  Since I'm not from the area, I'd love to get some feedback on great beach locations and possible hotels/resorts!  Our main emphasis is on having a great relaxed time with our family/friends (everyone would be traveling into town for this) but still a pretty location for the ceremony with the chance for some stunning pictures.....thoughts?Thank you!

Re: Stunning wedding locations

• Options
    jlb73jlb73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies! Those are some fantastic locations.....if anything you may have made the decision that much harder!:-) I also found Inn by the Sea....has anyone heard of it/have any feedback?  Good or bad?  Also thinking of renting a cottage for the week leading up to the wedding as a fun way to relax with family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All I know about Inn by the Sea is that they have some pretty strict noise ordinances and your wedding would have to be over by 8pm I believe. Also, when I first started posting here 3 years ago, another Maine Knottie had been planning to get married there and had even paid a deposit but encountered some very rude and uncooperative people so she decided to just lose her deposit and get married somewhere else. Keep in mind though, this was 3 years ago. By now, management may have changed. Also, there are plenty of brides who have gotten married there and had wonderful experiences.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}  I went to a wedding recently at Retreat at French's Point in Stockton Springs, and it was GORGEOUS. Not really a beach though, but right on the ocean. But it's not a resort really, so guests would have to stay elsewhere, which doesn't sound like what you're looking for. The Samoset is really nice too, and they Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 have some really great suites with your own private deck and hot tub (FI took me there for our anniversary one year!). Everyone could stay on site, which would be good for what it sounds like you want to do. But again, it’s not really on a beach, but there is a gorgeous lighthouse right there that would make a great backdrop for photos.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    maeghan21maeghan21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm biased but St. Ann's in Kennebunkport is just a fairytale (see bio) I was also just at a Wedding at Rye State Park in NH and it was absolutely stunning.
  • Options
    praby19praby19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I could have afforded it I would have done the Bar Harbor Club- its amazing but has limited seating for the room I wanted (I think around 100 and we already had a prelim guest list around 175). It is beuatiful and right on the water- plus gives guest options to explore around Bar Harbor or for the guest on a budget Ellsworth is half the price for hotel rooms and a very reasonable commute!
  • Options
    HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure you check out the Samoset Resort as part of your search.  Gorgeous place to get married, have your reception, and excellent place for guests to stay! Good luck.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    its not on the beach, but the Wentworth by the Sea is on the harbor in New Castle NH (outside of portsmouth).
    www.wentworth.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards