California-Los Angeles

QOTD

Would you have been friends with your FI/DH in high school?
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: QOTD

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and I actually went to the same high school.  I first met him in Spanish class and I thought he was a bit odd so I sat on the other side of the class from him.  We ended up talking a couple of weeks later and I realized he wasn't as odd as I thought.  Started dating shortly after that and the rest is history.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think so - I was in a totally different mind frame then - and very naive.  He would have been annoyed with me and I would have thought he was to fast for me.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually had DH in a few classes since Junior High and through High Schoool. So funny, I didnt even talk to him 'till the end of our Senior year; which is when we first dated and got together. :) I always knew he was the one for me <3
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure.  I think in high school we coulda been friends, but in his 20's I would NOT have been friends with him... he just went through a phase I would not have hung around.

However, we both agree that we are happy we found each other when we did even as it is a little later in life!  We weren't ready for each other prior!
  • edited December 2011

Well, FI and I became friends the year after high school, so the answer is probably yes.  We were both troublemakers back then so we definitely had that in common.   I wouldn't have been attracted to him back then, though. 

PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Aside from the fact that he's 8 years older than me and I was in 4th grade when he graduated from high school... Yes. In a different world where we were in the same class, I could see myself being friends with him. Though I also went to an all-girls school, so there's that.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    As a PP mentioned, our ages are also different. He's 5 years older, so pending we were in the same school at the same time, probably not. He was VERY different in high school, as was I. We probably wouldn't have even spoken to each other back then. I'm very happy we found each other when we did!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    DH and I were both band geeks, so probably!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Highly doubtful! He was a troublemaker and I led a sheltered quiet life. The stories he's told me from his high school days make me glad we didn't meet until college. Although... He was really cute in h.s. ;)
    Finally a Mrs! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards