Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Makeup

I'm meeting with the makeup artist today. I wear makeup maybe 15 times a year so I'm wondering what I should be looking for in a makeup artist. Are there any questions I should be asking her?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Makeup

• If it were me, I'd ask her to keep the look light and natural...so you still look like you, just the best version of you.  You may also want to ask her about what types of makeups she uses (mineral makeup, airbrush, organic, etc).  Since you only use makeup 15 times or so a year, you want to make sure you're not sensitive to whatever makeup she uses (should be able to tell from your trial appointment.)  Good luck!
  • As a professional artist in the industry I would ask you what you normally wear on a daily basis to get a idea of how heavy or light you like your make up. I also always ask my clients to bring two pictures of what they like with them and depending on the shape of the face and eyes I do my best to bring that look to life with their face structure some people dont realize not every look will look good on them. Make sure you tell your artist if you are allergic to anything in advance before the consultation.
    But for someone who doesnt wear make up much i would deffinatley tell your artist you want natural but to highlight your best features. like your eyes lips and cheeks.

goodluck !!

Make Up By LeNea
    www.LeNeaNavarro.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards