Retro and Vintage Weddings

Opinions on ceremony decor

My FH and I went shopping this past Sunday, and we came across some candle holders that I think will work perfectly for our ceremony. I already had a great candle holder that we wanted to use for the center part of our unity candle set. Unfortunately we have searched and searched and we can't find any candle holders that match it for the two smaller candles. So we have decided to move on and try something new. We found some pretty silver candle holders (at Michael's) that look kind of tarnished (which I like) and some pretty red candles that we think would work really well for our theme. We are also going out this weekend to collect some more pretty branches and look for some larger pieces of wood to make our ceremony arbor with.

Here's pictures of the....
* original candle holder
* the silver set of candlle holders (small ones shown in two different sizes) with the pretty red candles 
* the inspiration picture of our arbor
* small table with black linen for an idea of the color scheme (please excuse the rental stock photo!)

I plan on adding deep red roses, curly willow branches, or a different type of branches to the arbor. I will be replacing the white material on the top of the arbor with black lace or some pretty dark material from Joann's. The candles holders will probably have a silver tray underneath them (to catch drips) and will have some deep red roses and maybe some greens or small braches to dress it up a little. The table linen might have a large table square draped over it that isn't as plain as the rental linen, but still quite dark. I really love the layered look at weddings. I'm not a minimalist. I prefer things very ornate, dark, and mixed with natural elements.

I know this is a dark palette that I'm working with that isn't what people normally do for weddings, but it's really a reflection of our style.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions about different ways to decorate this type of setting?
Maybe a kind of material or decor for the table?
I'm open to all ideas, but I'm definitely trying to keep it dark....
Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: Opinions on ceremony decor

• If you want to add texure, I would find a brocade or something like that to add as a table runner or something, that would be really lovely. You have some really great things on your decor page in your bio, I don't have a whole lot to add. :)
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wow I love that arbor. i may have to steal the idea :)
  • Thanks ladies! I definitely want to find the perfect piece of fabric to make an overlay or runner with! I've actually thought of making it into a decorative pillow cover afterwards. Please oh PLEASE steal the arbor idea!!! When I saw it I knew that some of you would love it! I'm planning on picking my own leaves and greens for the wedding from trees and plants around where we live to decorate with because there is no way I can afford to order them. I'm just crossing my fingers that I have time to put everything together when the time comes. :)
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards