Arizona-Phoenix

Engagement picture locations?

Ladies-
Do you have any ideas on locations for engagement pictures?  We are doing ours soon.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement picture locations?

• nycegrrl99nycegrrl99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing ours on the 18th in downtown Mesa....the only reason I chose that area originally, was the crumbling Cinderella mural (so want a pic of that), but then when I looked around the area I found a gorgeous spanish style church, the bright & modern gardens at the Mesa Arts center and the charming older store fronts. It's like getting three totally different settings within blocks of each other. We're pretty jazzed.
  • edited December 2011
    Another really popular site is the Scottsdale Civic Center-the Love statue.  Most parks are really good too!  We went down to Tempe Town Lake and got some nice water shots and some really awesome sunset shots-that location is where most of my faves are from!  HTH :)
  • edited December 2011
    It really depends on your location and what you are going for. For ours, we just walked around Downtown Phoenix because that is where we are 99% of the time & we love it. Parks (like Tempe Town Lake) are easily accessible and provide a lot of different shots.

There is an old fashioned 50's soda shop in downtown Phoenix I always though would be cool if you wanted to go for a themed session. It's called MacAlpine's: http://www.yelp.com/biz/macalpines-soda-fountain-phoenix
  • timark99timark99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We loved going to Papago Park by the Phx Zoo, the red rocks there are amazing for shots, and they also had an area by a pond so we got some great water shots too, score!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have seen lots of pictures on Mill Ave.
    Photobucket
  • applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies-
    We are thinking Tempe Town Lake too!  I like the LOVE statue idea but we had our family pics taken there not too long ago!

I think we are taking out wedding pics at the Mesa Arts Center...so i don't want to ruin that...

I will keep all these ideas open!  thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Stillman-McCormick Railroad Park in Scottsdale because they had a bunch of fun stuff like a carousel, train, gazebo, etc. It was a lot of fun, but like PP said, it depends on what you are going for.

Here's the blog post from our photographer so you can kind of see the park

http://anbphotos.com/blog/?p=213
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours done at the Hyatt Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale.  It's gorgeous, very green.  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Here is a link to our gallery, There is an album titled engagement!

We had 3 locations. We did some studio time, we went to the Scottsdale civic plaza, and we did pics at Squaw Peak!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards