New Mexico

salons..

Hi Ladies! What are you all doing about hair and makeup? Do you have any good recomendations on any salons or people? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: salons..

• scullisculli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to be having my hair stylist Tina do my hair.  She does all my cutting and highlighting, she works at the JC Penny Salon on the west side (I just need to hurry up and book her).  I love love love her because she is super friendly and always knows what to do to make me feel amazing about my hair.  I too am still looking for makeup.  If Tina does makeup I will let you know or if she has recommendations! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Sculli :) Is she going to meet you to do your hair, or are you going to JC Penny? How much does she charge? If you want air brush make up, Ashlynn Padilla does it for only 75!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Nadine Velasquez at Lil's Studio for hair, and I was thinking about going to MAC for makeup, since my photographer and bride friends recommend MAC.
    August 2011 Board Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration Photobucket My Planning Blog
  • scullisculli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know Tina has gone to places for hair, I think I will go to JC Penny for her though cause my BMs want their hair done too and I want her all to myself ;)  Thank you for the makeup tip!! I'll definately check her out!!  I'll find out more from Tina costs and get back to you.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    i actually used to work at MAC and would suggest going there.  the deal is you pay $50 but that $50 goes to a gift card that you can use to purchase some of the make up they used on you like lipgloss or things to touch up with.  they have foundation that is made specifically to be photographed in and works well with lighting.  really the only reason you pay the $50 is so at least the makeup artist gets some sort of sale within the 30+ minutes they spend on you...same with bridesmaids.  
  • edited December 2011
    oooh thanks jherica! Great idea! Where is MAC at?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Andrea Brown at Inspire Salon near uptown!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have been doing make up professionally for 7 years now and I absolutely agree, MAC is the BEST! Especially for your wedding! It'll look great in photos and last all day. I would suggest going to the pro store in Uptown.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    MAC is the bomb!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards