Ohio-Columbus

Non-Religious Officiant

We're having trouble finding someone without any religious affiliations to marry us. Does anyone have any tips? We'd prefer a judge or a justice of the peace. We're getting married at the North Bank Park Pavilion in June.

I tried emailing the Franklin County Clerk's office and they told me they don't have a list and to try google. Not helpful!

Re: Non-Religious Officiant

• lyssa5966lyssa5966 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Damian King. He let us customize our ceremony to whatever we wanted. We are not atheist or anything like that but didn't want a prayer and someone to read Corinthians as our reading. He is great about letting you do what you want and by far one of my favorite vendors. He was always willing to help with things unrelated to his role knowing we were out of town. I plan on getting my official vendor reviews together soon but check him out! www.unitedmarriageservices.com

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check with Tim Fulton...he hosts a few local trivia nights and also officiates weddings (yes, kind of a random combo, but he has a good voice/personality for both).  I've never been to a wedding he's done, but I've heard great things.  His FB page for weddings is a little bare but at least has his contact info: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/teamtim-weddings/109223553301?sk=info
  • edited December 2011
    Definately would suggest Damian King, at least I would as of today (our wedding is still 6 months away)!  He is really easy to talk to and totally focused on letting us customize our wedding.  We are also taking the Marriage Foundations classes with him and it is actually alot of fun and has opened a door for more communication.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Eric Davidson, someone suggested him on this board, he seemed to be our favorite so far, but we are not quite sure what we are going to do. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Chase Waits and he's really awesome and one of the cheaper rates.  Great communication thus far.  I will have a review of him once it's all said and done, but I'm confident he will do a great job!
  • AshLWAshLW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Damian King.  He is so friendly and able to customize your ceremony to whatever you want.  FI is somewhat religious and I am not, so he is open to making both of us happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ElysepaElysepa member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Rev. Darla Hosler - I have been in contact with her and she is all about customized, personalized, and YES non-religious weddings.  Her company is called Your Day Done Your Way - i think that says it all
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards