Registry and Gift Forum

Register and get free stuff at Macy's?

I just wanted to make sure I was reading tis correctly...

Just for registering, the items don't even have to be purchased, but for registering for $x of certain brands I could possibly get FREE stuff?

http://www1.macys.com/registry/wedding/m/gifts-with-completion

Re: Register and get free stuff at Macy's?

• krizzo17krizzo17 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2013

No, you get it "with completion"; we got two of these - Lenox gave us a free vegetable bowl since we received 10 place settings, and Waterford gave us a free wine glass since we got 10 wine glasses. For those two deals, though, you don't have to do anything - it automatically shows up at your doorstep once the requirements are met. Others, though, I think you have to fill out paperwork.

Also ask about the star rewards program - after our wedding, we got a gift card equal to 5% of the amount our guests spent on gifts through our registry - pretty sweet!

Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BBB has a registry incentive program as well, and on theirs if you register for $xxx of a certain product, you get a free gift just for registering, and then they also have the free gift upon completion as well. You do need to ask for the form from BBB to send in if you qualify though.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_register-and-get-free-stuff-at-macys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:001d833a-c1cf-4417-bfe5-1330e8b49e0aPost:34395f97-2789-49ad-920e-a148d64a5fef">Re: Register and get free stuff at Macy's?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, you get it "with completion"; we got two of these - Lenox gave us a free vegetable bowl since we received 10 place settings, and Waterford gave us a free wine glass since we got 10 wine glasses. For those two deals, though, you don't have to do anything - it automatically shows up at your doorstep once the requirements are met. Others, though, I think you have to fill out paperwork. Also ask about the star rewards program - after our wedding, we got a gift card equal to 5% of the amount our guests spent on gifts through our registry - pretty sweet!
    Posted by krizzo17[/QUOTE]

The rewards program is a credit card though, at least, that is what our consultant who helped us set the registry up, had said to us.  Which, FI and I were not willing to sign up for. A lot of our Macy's items we were unaware of any incentives with them, until I checked out the registry online and it had some purchase incentives attached to a few of our things.  Macy's I've found, can be deceiving to some guests.  Online many of our items show up full price, but in store were much cheaper/vice versa.  I guess you'd get that with any registry though. A friend of mine did Macy's last year, when they had this scanning give away.  She won an Elite Keurig machine after they got done scanning their items that day, through some promotion they had.  It was pretty cool.

We did Target too, as we put a few "fun items" and some more casual stuff on it.  We got a $20 Target gift card just for registering. A lot of the coupons that I get with your little packet after you're done, from both places were expired, which was a little disappointing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! We are registering at Macy's and BBB, so its awesome that both have incentive programs. Now on to another tough question... to register for China or not to register for China?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_register-and-get-free-stuff-at-macys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:001d833a-c1cf-4417-bfe5-1330e8b49e0aPost:a3359d41-e7f1-4980-85ee-ad366917948a">Re: Register and get free stuff at Macy's?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies! We are registering at Macy's and BBB, so its awesome that both have incentive programs. Now on to another tough question... to register for China or not to register for China?
    Posted by meganmagliocca[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If you think you want it at all, I would put china on your registry. Don't just think about now, but think a few years down the road - will you be hosting holidays or parites where you want to set the table? If so, then register for china. And it doesn't have to be super fancy, there are a ton of options in a lot of different price points these days, so you're bound to find something you like. Also, one of the big misconceptions about china is that it's very fragile and can't be used a lot. It's actually the exact opposite. Real bone china is the strongest dinnerware you can buy. Chances are when you go to regsiter (at least at BBB) they will whack one of the plates on the table to show you. </div><div>
    </div><div>In short, now is the time to get it. Chances are 5 years from now if you decide you want it, you won't want to go out and spend the money to get it, so might as well regsiter for it! You can always return it if you change your mind. I personally love my china, and we've already used it a few times since we got it in May.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Those cash back on registry purchases make me feel dirty. My consulant kept pushing me to get the charge so I would get the reward...... Feels like cashing in on guests generosity so I passed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_register-and-get-free-stuff-at-macys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:001d833a-c1cf-4417-bfe5-1330e8b49e0aPost:9f96c1cf-66ca-4471-84a6-89bf6ab46d3e">Re: Register and get free stuff at Macy's?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Register and get free stuff at Macy's? : The rewards program is a credit card though, at least, that is what our consultant who helped us set the registry up, had said to us.  Which, FI and I were not willing to sign up for. A lot of our Macy's items we were unaware of any incentives with them, until I checked out the registry online and it had some purchase incentives attached to a few of our things.  Macy's I've found, can be deceiving to some guests.  Online many of our items show up full price, but in store were much cheaper/vice versa.  I guess you'd get that with any registry though. A friend of mine did Macy's last year, when they had this scanning give away.  She won an Elite Keurig machine after they got done scanning their items that day, through some promotion they had.  It was pretty cool. We did Target too, as we put a few "fun items" and some more casual stuff on it.  We got a $20 Target gift card just for registering. A lot of the coupons that I get with your little packet after you're done, from both places were expired, which was a little disappointing.
    Posted by teachmegs1[/QUOTE]

You have to either already have a macys card or sign up for one to qualify for the program, but you don't ever have to use the card and the rewards come to you as a Macy's gift card.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards