Chit Chat
Options

Las Vegas Baby!!

FI & I are heading to Vegas for the first time this weekend. We will be there for 5 days. My question to you is, What are the top things to do and see while we are in Vegas?  So far I have been told I cant leave without seeing...

1. Fountains at the Bellagio
2. Outlet Malls
3. The Valcano at the Mirage
4. A cirqu du sole show
5. The Heart attack grill

Do you have any more to add to my list??

Thanks!

Re: Las Vegas Baby!!

• Options
    Blue Man Group if you can afford a show (they can be expensive)! It's awesome though.
  • Options
    hit the Vegas board! They'll tell you every place you should go. Its not just all wedding talk over there...
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Definitely do the Eiffel Tower at night.  The view of the strip and the Bellagio fountains is gorgeous.

"O" was absolutely amazing, if you're trying to decide which Cirque show to see.

ETA:  The food in Vegas was fantastic.  I'm trying to think of the places we had dinner, but I can only come up with Kokomo's at The Mirage and Okada at the Wynn.  Kokomo's was fantastic.  Okada was good, but I've had better sushi here in PA.  For a more casual dining option, I wish I could remember the name of the place we had lunch in Planet Hollywood.  It was along the Miracle Mile and it was very reasonably priced.  I tried Googling it and I think it may have been Lombardi's, but I'm not positive.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_las-vegas-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:3d202e0c-9950-4be8-ba77-006bdfdae19aPost:5f490ba6-a674-4309-95ca-e7e5b7af614b">Re: Las Vegas Baby!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely do the Eiffel Tower at night.  The view of the strip and the Bellagio fountains is gorgeous. "O" was absolutely amazing, if you're trying to decide which Cirque show to see. ETA:  The food in Vegas was fantastic.  I'm trying to think of the places we had dinner, but I can only come up with Kokomo's at The Mirage and Okada at the Wynn.  Kokomo's was fantastic.  Okada was good, but I've had better sushi here in PA.  For a more casual dining option, I wish I could remember the name of the place we had lunch in Planet Hollywood.  It was along the Miracle Mile and it was very reasonably priced.  I tried Googling it and I think it may have been Lombardi's, but I'm not positive.
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

What is the Miracle Mile??
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_las-vegas-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:3d202e0c-9950-4be8-ba77-006bdfdae19aPost:6d6172c6-6c0a-44e3-bac6-eeffef2ecbe6">Re: Las Vegas Baby!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Las Vegas Baby!! : What is the Miracle Mile??
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

It's like a mall inside of Planet Hollywood: <a href="http://www.miraclemileshopslv.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.miraclemileshopslv.com/</a>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Second the Eiffel Tower at night. Fab!!!

Definitely eat at Firefly. Love the food there (try the stuffed dates for sure!)

And come on over to the Vegas board. Just checking the archives wil give you a lot of guidance.
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ditto the Eiffel tower, also don't forget to ride the gondola at the Venetian.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You should definitely eat at Cabo Wabo Cantina inside Planet Hollywood. I know the Sous Chef there, and he's AMAZING.
  • Options
    bongebonge member
    First Comment
    this is a post one of my friends posted today if you are looking for places to eat as well. 

Had the BEST Italian supper Las Vegas has to offer. Battista's off the strip behind Wild Bill's. For around $25 my meal was salad, hot fresh bread with REAL roasted garlic, Cannelloni with fried spinach, Cappuccino AND FREE WINE! It was AMAZING! Remember, Battista's Behind Wild Bill's! You won't regret it!

Also i sent you a pm in response to a question you had on the canadian board. 
    230 image Invited
    154 image Are ready to party
    56 image Missing out
    20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_las-vegas-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:3d202e0c-9950-4be8-ba77-006bdfdae19aPost:31192b95-a01d-4859-a018-f4b94e14d458">Re: Las Vegas Baby!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]this is a post one of my friends posted today if you are looking for places to eat as well.  Had the BEST Italian supper Las Vegas has to offer. Battista's off the strip behind Wild Bill's. For around $25 my meal was salad, hot fresh bread with REAL roasted garlic, Cannelloni with fried spinach, Cappuccino AND FREE WINE! It was AMAZING! Remember, Battista's Behind Wild Bill's! You won't regret it! Also i sent you a pm in response to a question you had on the canadian board. 
    Posted by bonge[/QUOTE]

Great thanks so much, You have a PM waiting for you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards