Washington-Seattle

***jennyann***

Not sure if you're still lurking at all, but how did you decorate the inside of the marquee tent that Tazer provided?

I plan on having the tables that everyone will be seated at in there (about 15 large 60" round total).  The centerpieces aren't very tall, and now I'm worried that the space will look empty inside while we are all eating.

And to anybody else with experience in decorating large tents, and can offer any input, the tent is a "40ft hexagon marquee top tent with French window curtains." 

TIA!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: ***jennyann***

• edited December 2011

*butting in* I let Jenny know about your post so she'll probably pop on when she gets a chance and reply as well.  I can, in the meantime, share a pic of her set-up:

I think she did a great job with it - it was a warm (not too hot, not cool) July day, she was aiming for vintage rustic which I think she did awesome with the CPs on to match the theme and the tent having so much white reflected a wedding feel but also helped keep it kind of bright, summery, and airy.  HTH and, again, I'm sure she'll pop on when she gets to a computer.

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hello!  Jolene told me that you paged me on here.  I think she pretty much covered it.  My whole goal for decorating was to let the beauty of the venue speak for itself.  My centerpieces were not tall, but I didn't feel like the space looked empty at all.  On the contrary, once people were in there, it was VERY full.  
    So I don't think you have to worry.  FWIW, I LOVED how the tent ended up looking.  I freaked out and may have done the running man out of excitement when I saw it all put together.  =)  HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Tygirl & Jennyann!  The photos were a huge help, and it's nice to know I don't have to shell out a ton in decor Smile
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards