Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Help!!!

Help! Has anyone used Weddings To Go! Key West? I am looking to have my wedding there and I found this company which seems very reasonable, but it almost seems to good to be true. We aren't looking to spend more than $10,000 and we have such a small group (less than 25) coming with us I think it's possible. I am open to any sugestions!

Re: Help!!!

• Options
    Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    Haven't used them.  Trudy is currently enjoying her honeymoon on Key West, her wedding was at Ocean Key Resort, not sure if she used anyone besides the wedding coordinators at her resort.  She should be back in a couple of weeks if you can hold off a little while before making a set decision :-)  

Some of us (myself included) use Beach Bum Vacations, travel agents, to help us find our location/resorts within our budget and with all of the amenities we are looking for.  Lots of resorts have wedding packages for you to choose from and you work with their wedding coordinator to iron out all of the details you want!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Great! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    rach2686rach2686 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I am getting married in Key West in a little over 3 weeks. I don't have any experience with Key West Wedding to go, but I might be able to answer questions you have, or give you ideas. What kind of atmosphere are you going for? Very formal? More casual?
  • Options
    Very casual. We are getting married on the beach with close family and friends and I want the reception to be at rum barrel. I'm just looking to keep things simple and easy.
  • Options
    Us too, very casual. I looked at tons of wedding package deals in the keys and I just hated all the photography so that's the only reason I didn't go with one. I think if you like it, or it's not as big of a deal, then go for it. It certainly would make things so easy.
  • Options
    Same here! I want my photos to be great. I think I'm going to go with a wedding planner.
  • Options
    I am also a Key West bride! I am using Nika Stroble from Soiree Key West.  She has been WONDERFUL so far! We are having a larger destination wedding (around 100 people) and there is no way I could have handled all of the details myself from so far away.  She offers a few different kinds of packages - for day-of, partial and full planning, and both small and large weddings.    

The majority of the wedding planners I found charged based on a percentage of your total wedding cost, which seems a little backward to me since part of the reason I wanted a wedding planner was to help me negotiate and get the best pricing from my vendors.  It doesnt seem like there is much of an incentive to keep the cost low when the wedding planner will make more money if they use higher-priced vendors, ya know? Nika was the only one I found who has set prices for her packages and doesn't base them on the cost of your wedding, so that made me feel much more comfortable. 

I would def suggest checking her out before you make a decision :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards