Virginia

Vendor Reviews?

I recently started planning our wedding!  I am interested in feedback from anyone who has used these vendors:

The Place at Innsbrook
Manor House at Kings Charter
Apple Blossom Plantation

Pearl's Cupcake Shoppe
Shyndigz

Alfred Angelo
David's Briday
Bridal Elegance

Do you have any suggestions other than these?  Thanks for the input :)

Re: Vendor Reviews?

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!  If you have any specific reccommendations I'd be glad to hear them. 
  • malloryb56malloryb56 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard such bad things about David's bridal that I decided to stay away. What part of VA do you live in? I went to Leesburg Bridal to order my dress and I will be returning for the BM dresses. Leesburg bridal sold me my gown for $300 cheaper than the other shop I went to first, which was Bobbie's Bridal in Fairfax.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo- looooved them.  We went to the one in Short Pump for the girl's dresses (I got mine at a different place).  Quick shipping and nice people - better feel than David's.

David's Bridal- I had a nice consultant in NY when I was visiting home.  Every other time I've been (both for my wedding and others) it's been a zoo and the consultants aren't very helpful.  I know someone who used to work at the Norfolk location.  Bad news.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from All The Rage in VA Beach (idk where you live, so if this doesn't help, I'm sorry!) My consultant was SO wonderful. Every time I go to the shop she greets me with a smile and a hug :) 

I used Davids Bridal for my bridesmaids dresses, and they were less than fantastic. They started our appointment almost 30 minutes late and our consultant had a major "i don't really care attitude". She kept looking at her phone and when it rang, she actually answered it and told us to go ahead and start, that she'd be there when she was done! 

• CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Add Church Street Bridal in Lynchburg to you dress shopping list. I found it after I was done dress shopping, but wish I knew about it earlier. They sell samples, cancelled orders, and overstocks from Kleinfeld in NYC, usually for $300-$700. Since I found it, I've told as many people as possible about it and a bunch have shopped there. They've been happy. :)
  • tammyfatammyfa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding at Manor House. Very nice. The ceremony was outside at the arbor and she had gotten a tent for the reception overflow seating but it was a little warm that day in May so most stayed indoors. It got a little stuffy in some of the smaller rooms, weak ac system. It was a little broken up having the food buffets in one room, bars in another and tables all around but it worked out well. Think she had just under a hundred people.

I'll be attending a wedding at Apple Blossom, which I think is now named Historic Jasmine Planation, in October and can update on that later. From what I've heard from the bride, it's real pretty, all outdoors with tent options and they've been very helpful coordinating things.

If you want cupcakes, Pearl's is THE best. OMG they are amazing cupcakes and I've heard nothing but great things about them providing for weddings.
    Shyndigz is great as well. Haven't worked with them but if you want an original cake design, go there.

I got my dress at Bridal Elegance. Go there! They're awesome!! Very nice, very helpful, not pushy. I avoided David's because I didn't want that type of experience...and they didn't carry any dresses I liked...but two girlfriends (who weren't as picky as me with dresses) got their dresses there and had a simple, cut and dry experience. And they were fine with it. I've heard good things about Alfred Angelo. Also look at Bella Rosa.
    The drive may be worth it as well to go to Caryn's. They list pricing on their website so if you're looking for certain dresses it's a good way to see if it's worth going. My experience there was good but I've heard mixed. Leesburg Bridal is good as well. Got my BM dresses there. Ellie's in Old Town Alexandria is great too. Wasn't overly impressed with Sestra, small selection.
    I've been to many shops since I was hunting down certain dresses that certain stores carried. A little frustrating but a little fun as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much, great advice & info :)
  • edited December 2011
    Historic Jasmine Plantation and Apple Blossom are totally different wedding venues with completely different owners.

Historic Jasmine Plantation is owned by Eileen and Don Smith, and Apple Blossom is owned by Peggy Smith (no relation).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards