New Hampshire

DJ's

Has anyone used Get Down Tonight Entertainment or DJ Dave Lynch?
I was going to let my friend DJ and just use my laptop for the music but it's probably not a good idea seeing how my family can't stand the music I listen too lol. I do want everyone to have a good time. 
I like how some of the DJ's from GDTE have uplighting but I don't really need it. Any one using uplighting?

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: DJ's

• edited December 2011
    I am also using GDT and we are going with Rick Bowie. Dave Lynch got good reviews on the knot vender reviews. Did you watch the videos on their website of Dave and the other DJ's?
    I think DJ isn't something I want to cut on. I know that people always remember the food and the DJ. They do have DJ's with all different prices (depending on yrs of exp.) so I'm sure you could probably find one to work with your price range.

I'm still on the fence about uplighting. I guess I'll decide when things get closer and if I have extra finances to spend on that. It seems like it's not necessary, but I do like the look of it. FI thinks it's a waste of money, I guess we're going to decide when it gets closer.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Mark Anthony from GDT.  So far he has been great to work with.  He is on the pricier side of their range, but they definitely have a ton of them to choose from.  The video samples really helped us. 

My venue has uplighting, so luckily it is not something i have to pay extra for.
    ~~Sabrina~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Dave Lynch and he was AMAZING! He got such rave reviews from all of our guests. I can't say enough good things about him.
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Drew Rissler from GDT, (have our meeting with him on Monday night to go over the playlist).  He's very nice and a little less expensive that some of their other staff.  Our photographer said he saw him perform at another wedding and that he did a good job.

We're using Boston Uplights for uplighting--it's pretty expensive though. 
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • ladyd522ladyd522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Dave Lynch for our wedding in October. He has been great to work with so far. I found him of the recommendations on this page.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker> Photobucket
  • ScottCayla11ScottCayla11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We booked with Peter Anania of Dancing Machine Company, on the referral of another Knottie actually.  His price is amazing, and he left me feeling very confident in his abilities to run our event. We were able to book him for both reception and ceremony since he has two set ups. I just love him and can't wait to see him in action!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Josh "J Boogz" Field from E.C.F. Entertainment.  He's been great to work with so far, he walked us through everything he'll be doing from set up to strike, pre-wedding meetings to final payment, etc.  He's also including a lighting package for the dance floor :)  I'm excited to see what he has in store for us, he's great at reading the crowd and keeping the floor going!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about both GDT and DJ Lynch.

However, it looks like my FI and I are going to go with DJ Greg Sowa. We met with him on Friday and his prices are very reasonable, he seems to be the perfect balance between professional and fun, he will get to know you as a couple and your bridal party, and he can provide dj service, a photobooth, and uplighting! We were very impressed and excited to book him.

Good luck!
  • amyanderichamyanderich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Jimmy Clark from a Main Event.  I have heard good things about the company. Jimmy was one of the less expensive DJ's....they have a vareity of prices for their DJs
  • courtyAcourtyA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Dave Pekarski from GDT & so far have been extremely happy with him! He is super quick to respond, he had a DVD slideshow for us to watch and he also does uplighting. GDT is definitely worth it..I have been to several wedding's where someone from GDT is a DJ and it was so much fun!!!!
    I also have to recommend DJ Greg Sowa! My friend had him at her July wedding & he was so much fun! He really knew how to keep everyone on the dance floor!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Eric Fletcher of DJ Etc.  He was amazing!  I don't know if he offers uplighting.
    Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards