Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Makeup for outdoor pictures

We're having our engagement pics outside on the beach and in downtown Wilmington, NC. I was wonderingif anyone has any makeup suggestions? I use loreal true match and the color matches me really well, but I get that ghost white face in pictures with flash. I was wondering if maybe just covering it with translucent powder without titanium dioxide would help. Thanks!

Re: Makeup for outdoor pictures

• Does your foundation, or any of the complexion products you use have an spf? Normally sunscreen will make your skin tone read lighter in pictures, so skip it for the day.I would suggest dusting a matte bronzer very lightly, to give some color back to your skin.
  • Banana powder!  Hit up a local theater or costume store and see if they carry Ben Nye products.  They have a yello powder called Banana powder that photograpsh beautifully and keeps you from being ghostly.  The powder is like $9-I bought it 8 months ago and am not even half way through.  They also have setting sprays-again, about $9- that are meant to keep makeup in place under stage lights.  I used both of these for engagement photos in May in Atlanta when it was muggy and over 90 degrees and my makeup stayed in place, no ghosts in sight!  I plan on using them for my bridal portraits and on my wedding day.  Inexpensive and work great.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_makeup-for-outdoor-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:e48f215a-b97b-465a-a5b3-d46624910d7aPost:3659030d-0fcd-4262-9b20-a45efcb498b9">Re: Makeup for outdoor pictures</a>:
    [QUOTE]Banana powder!  Hit up a local theater or costume store and see if they carry Ben Nye products.  They have a yello powder called Banana powder that photograpsh beautifully and keeps you from being ghostly.  The powder is like $9-I bought it 8 months ago and am not even half way through.  They also have setting sprays-again, about $9- that are meant to keep makeup in place under stage lights.  I used both of these for engagement photos in May in Atlanta when it was muggy and over 90 degrees and my makeup stayed in place, no ghosts in sight!  I plan on using them for my bridal portraits and on my wedding day.  Inexpensive and work great.
    Posted by sarag8r[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I will def try to find it. What foundation did you use?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_makeup-for-outdoor-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:e48f215a-b97b-465a-a5b3-d46624910d7aPost:e760f9fe-f73d-4ff8-9ede-7753e85d7ee2">Re: Makeup for outdoor pictures</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Makeup for outdoor pictures : Thank you! I will def try to find it. What foundation did you use?
    Posted by laurajk1022[/QUOTE]

I used Bobbi Brown Long Wear foundation though for the wedding I am switching to their stick foundation.  Ben Nye setting spray is amazing stuff, too, and then I also brought a battery-operated fan and directed it on my face in between shots.  Not sure if it helped my makeup but it made me feel better :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards