Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Exchange Conference Center - feedback

I know this is a very specific question so I thank anyone in advance who can help me.   Laughing

Is there anyone who has gotten married here, is going to, knows someone, etc?  My fiance and I are seriously considering the venue and are currently working with one of the caterers on a specific menu and budget.

Also, we are concerned about finding affordable hotel options for out of town guests.  This venue is in the Seaport area near the World Trade Center. Any feedback regarding deals at these hotels, or specifics if any of you have set your guests up in any near the water would be appreciated!!!  We plan on calling around and doing more research but any tips would help.

Re: Exchange Conference Center - feedback

• Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Renaissance. So as to the area- the lowest prices for a room block that we could get (Seaport and Renaissance) was $249. But there were several conferences that weekend- at the hotels and the World trade center- so I think the prices vary depending on how many conferences are in that weekend.

Another issue in the area is parking, the rates also depend on how many conferences, how busy they are. And the rates vary A LOT.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    while I have not gotten married/known anyone to get married there, my office has held their christmas party there for the past 5 years so I am familiar with the venue.  I have always found the cheapest hotel (when booking like a month in advance) is the Westin Waterfront which is two blocks up from the venue.  I don't know if they offer discounts for blocks but its worth looking into (seaport hotel is always at least 70 more). 

Also, in terms of parking, that is actually probably your best bet, as you can park all along that pier and depending on how many guests you have, parking at the venue won't be an issue (its all free two).  plus if that fills up there is a lot ($) at the beginning of the pier which I believe is reasonable.  Hotels however will kill you for parking (westin is like 40 for valet).  hope thats helpful...  if you have any other questions let me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lroach- our wedding weekend the Westin was fully booked! And parking was especially hard because Cirque Du Soleil was playing.
  • Options
    pudge27pudge27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pros: Beautiful waterviews for cocktail hour
    Cons: Room size and they placed the DJ on the second floor (10-15 feet above the floor) to conserve floor space and it takes away from dancing. It was also very hot in the room. I believe they turn off the A/C.
  • Options
    kellaukellau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't know when you are planning your wedding, but we looked for a July wedding. It smelled really really really fish there when we checked out the place one Sat afternoon. I love fish and I know that this is a working fish area during the week, but thought that some people would be offended by the smells because we were.

So we went with the Lighthouse/Seaport Hotel.

• Options
    lovesautumnlovesautumn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,  I had my wedding there in 2007, which was awhile ago, but we loved it.  The staff was wonderful to work with, the food was excellent and my guests raved about the experience.  I really felt like I got so much for the little amount of money I spent.

We had a room block at the Seaport and the Harborside Inn which was further away.  Truthfully the Harborside was VERY dificult to work with, but was very inexpensive.  There was a large conference at the Westin the weekend of my wedding, so that was not at all avaialble. 
    The Seaport was excellent to us.  We had a sutie for my friends and I the night before the wedding and MH and I on the wedding night.  We got upgraded to their best suite and it was Amazing!  We have the best pictures from there.

Our parking at the Exchange was free during the wedding.  I don't know if that has changed.  We also did trolley transportation for guests staying at one of the hotels, so they didn't move their cars the whole weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards