September 2012 Weddings
Options

Accountability - Tuesday

As we all come off the holidays, and start going back to work, now is going to be the test as to whether we can make our healthy eating and working out part of our regular day to day schedule... remember girls:

How is everyone's week starting? I went out and bought the 30 Day Shred last night, figure it will be a great way to help motivate myself to get back into working out again after all the health BS, and do so in my home to start to avoid the January gym madness.... I'll go back when things start to die down closer to the end of the month lol!

Sitting here enjoying a grapefruit and a bottle of water at work, great breakfast food! Mmmm! Brought all sorts of fruit to get me through the day (grapefruit, apples, oranges, grapes). I get done work at 2:30 so I generally go home for lunch and dinner.

Re: Accountability - Tuesday

• Options
    Yesterday was bad. We weent out for dinner and rinks with friends and I went over my alloted calories for the day by quite a bit. I ate ok, but the beers did me in. 

Today I am going to the gym after work and trying to get back into heathier eating/drinking.  Breakfast will be greek yogurt and granola, soup for lunch and dinner will probably be a chicken stir fry or chicken with sauted mushrooms if FH is out. The only thing I will be drinking all day is water and seltzer. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I did really well yesterday.  No gym time, but I did stay under on my calories and drank a lot of water.  Tonight I am going out to dinner with some girlfriends and I'm a little worried about my options.  We are going to decide where we are eating once we all meet up at 5:30.  If they pick some place like Chili's I don't have a chance.  They don't hardly have anything good for you there.  I'm just going to do really well all day today and keep my fingers crossed about tonight.

I really need some motivation to go to the gym though.  I've been really bad about that the last couple months.  I just to be an eliptical queen!

BMcLeod- FI and I did the 30 DS for a while.  The first couple days were killer, but I could notice my endurance and ability increasing by day 5 or so.  I didn't see many results in terms of extra weight loss though.  However, it's still a good work out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I don't think I'm planning on it being a big weight loss addition to my routine, but more I am just getting into working out from being off for so long with health stuff... and I have always been a gym rat, so its hard for me to step back and start at the beginning... I think having something with the various levels like this will help me start somewhere and work back up...
  • Options
    We finally made it to the gym yesterday (it was a really busy weekend with Dan's sister's wedding and the new year). it was an easy day, because i was still sore from dancing at his sister's wedding. i ate alright i suppose. i'm looking forward to getting back on a normal schedule this week.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    funny story about 30 Day Shred.

I used it a few years ago, it was one of the tools that help me drop 60 lbs. ( I have since gained it all back over the last 3 years, and I'm planning to bust it back out)]

On about day 3 I went to use the bathroom shortly after doing the DVD and when I went to get up I couldn't get off the toilet, my quads were on fire! I had to use the tub and edge of sink to help pull/push off!  It is surprising how simple the moves are yet how effective it really is. 

Good luck ladies!

I used www.caloriecount.about.com when I did the whole diet thing last, it was a great place and I learned alot but its a pretty big time commitment.  I've heard good things about myfitness pal too, I downloaded the ap and want to try it out this week, I am considering weight watchers too, anyone else using a system or website to help them with their goals?
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nice job everyone!  Keep it up!

Last night I did abs and lifted some weights at home.  I'm sore today but am hoping to get in a decent cardio session at the gym tonight.  I don't have a "calorie goal" per day but overall I'm trying to eat healthier and exercise consistently.  Yesterday's food wasn't great but wasn't awful.  Today I am having a Healthy Choice soup for lunch with an apple, a fiber bar as a snack and yummy homemade Cobb Salads for dinner :)  
  • Options
    Amazon has 30 day shred on sale today...hmmm...may have to order it.  :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I havent posted on this thread regularly but FI and I have also recently started watching our calories in order to lose weight for the wedding. We started using myfitness pal tuesday of last week and so far it has really helped! It is kind of similar to facebook so we can become "friends" on it and hold each other accountable for everything we eat and if we go over our calories. I also came across a blog last week which has really great recipes for every day food that with a few substitutions can lower the number of calories you consume. This past week we have made mini deep dish pizzas, enchilada rolls and fettuccine alfredo and they were all delicious! In addition to eating low calories I have cut out soda completely and upped my water intake and in one week I am down 6.4 lbs and FI is down 4!

I know its unrealistic to think we will continue to lose weight at this rate but it is a great start and really gets us motivated to continue. Hopefully I will post more on the accountability threads going forward. Good luck everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good job everyone! Now that the holidays are over we all have NO EXCUSES to not eat well  :)

I had an apple for breakfast and some 5 calorie per serving diet cranberry juice. Has anyone else tried this? I think they are FANTASTIC. I hate how boring water is and how sugary sweet juice is so this is kinda a nice compromise for me. For lunch I'm having a soup and banana in like 5 minutes. For dinner, some kind of salad with lots of veggies and a beer (can't be perfect lol).
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    I just started up again on My Fitness Pal dot com again.

If anyone wants to join and add me my name is Nicolina823

As for my accountability I suck.  I'm do for my "lady" as FI calls it.  I know I'm up a little from that but I know I'm up a lot of the Chinese food and Mexican this weekend.

I plan on starting Chalean Extreme again when I get home from work.  Its a 3 month program.  I'll be adding in 45 minutes of the stationary bike, 6 week 6 pack and butt and thigh pilates on off days.
  • Options

back to work today, so it's much easier to stay on track. Plus it's the beginning of the year so I am super busy and therefore not much time to think about food or being hungry. I'll do some walking on the treadmill when I get home and have some chicken, rice and veggies for dinner.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm hoping to come home from physical therapy tonight with a knee brace so that I can start doing my  30 Day Shred again.  I loved it when I first started back in June, it felt so good after the workout (at least until the muscles rebelled the next day).  I'm trying to log my food into the myfitnesspall app on my phone.  If anyone wants a friend on that ap my user name is sjm1028, I'd love some buddies to keep me motivated :-)

I thought about joining the gym too but I think I'll wait until A)the mess that is my knees is figured out and B)all the New Years resolutions people lose interest.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options
    @Courtney- YES i find it so much easier to stay on track when I'm at work and not next to my pantry all day lol. 

I just figured out a little mind trick/diet trick that's been doing me wonders this week. I'm trying to lose 10-15 pounds (about a jeans size for me, I'm 5'2 and 135 pounds). 5 pounds of this is holiday weight so I'm hoping that comes off quickly once I stop eating crap. Here's what I do. I get cravings. Bad. All of a sudden my mind goes, "You need a cookie/candy/chocolate/bagel/donut/etc right now!" So, I put a few fruits in my drawer at work like apples and bananas. I tell myself that if I'm so hungry- then eat this apple. The apple/banana never looks appetizing. Well, I wasn't really hungry then in the first place. Then, I'm not allowed to have this snack until the boring fruit looks appetizing. This seems to stop me from random snacking.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    I had never even heard of the 30 Day Shred until TK, and when I did I learned how many people swear by it... saw it in one of our local stores for $9 so figured why not lol
  • Options
    I love the 30 day Shred.  I never bought it but used to do parts of it for free on Exercise TV on Demand.  Now they got rid of exercise TV for some Fitness chanel that has none of the trainers I like, and IMO crappier workouts.  :(   I might juts have to invest in the 30 Day shred if I start getting unmotivated at the gym!
  • Options
    I ordered it from Amazon today.  It's half off, only 6.99, plus 2.98 shipping.  :)  Plus I downloaded the myfitnesspal app on my phone, so now I'm all set.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards