Catholic Weddings
Options

buying house

I have been looking for the patron saint of buying a home . I know that st. joseph is commonly associated with selling a home but not buying one. Our home is already sold but we are having a difficult time buying a new one.  I have found that some people have recommended our lady of loreto but I am getting mixed feedback. Any ideas?? THanks ladies
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: buying house

• Options
    I am pretty sure St. Joseph works both ways, so to speak, in this case.  A brief Google search tells me that he is "the patron saint of finding a home, a residual effect of having to move three times, and by extension, the patron saint of buying and selling real estate."

Good luck (and now my font is all crazy...)!
    Anniversary

• Options
    So glad this was mentioned - we are in the process of selling and then buying, so thank you for this information!
  • Options
    You can also pray to St. Anthony...he's the patron of lost items, and in a sense, you're new house is lost because you need to find it :)  

• Options
    I love St. Anthony - he's helped me find countless things, most recently H's passport which was displaced, on the eve of leaving for our honeymoon :)
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Oooo... good to know!  We're also house hunting right now, too, so we'll add in some intercessory prayers to St. Anthony and St. Joseph :-)
  • Options
    Me too. His help finding my lost items is a God send. My FI isn't Catholic but knows how much I believe in the intercessory of the saints. He asked me last night to pray pto St. Anthony to help him find his reading glasses. I gladly did but teased him he must have some faith in praying to the saints if he asked me to pray to a saint for him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards