June 2012 Weddings
Options

Happy Thanksgiving

I know the holidays are usually kind of slow on here but for those of you who do check in, I want to wish you all a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

• Options
    right back at you!! there are so many things to be thankful for. Have a great holiday

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    Ditto!!
    I know I will be on here a lot tomorrow, since we aren't doing anything besides going to the FIs parents for a quick dinner...We have things we need to get done around here...

Be safe! And don't eat too much! :)
    "Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger."
    http://adkennard.weebly.com/
  • Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too!  Hopefully you all are having a wonderful day!

We're going a little unconventional this year, FI has been at work all day and won't be home for another hour so we'll be doing the turkey on Sunday!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_happy-thanksgiving?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0fbe9505-d6c5-4904-a016-20248fe8df16Post:9a488337-eb73-4731-aaed-12c8f20289f9">Re: Happy Thanksgiving</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI has been at work all day...Posted by Tiffany6912[/QUOTE]

This is my 3rd Thanksgiving with FI and he's had to work the last two (they finally decided to close this year!)...but his family says he's missed most Thanksgivings due to work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is kind of late, but I hope that you ladies have had a great Thanksgiving!
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I hope you ladies had an amazing Thanksgiviging with loved ones. Now it's off to Black Friday. It's kind of a big deal where I live, all the mall's opened at midnight lol. Happy shopping ;)
    June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanksgiving was great - his mom and two of his sibling's families were there...but now I have to deal with this Black Friday junk! FI took his mom's car to work today (instead of driving his own or mine/me taking him) leaving me to drive her anywhere. I hate shopping so I was not too happy about this to begin with but now I've been asked if I can take her to Macy's in a couple of hours. *Somebody Save Me!!!*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_happy-thanksgiving?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0fbe9505-d6c5-4904-a016-20248fe8df16Post:f30d28af-7859-4fae-8eaa-931d3727f306">Re: Happy Thanksgiving</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Thanksgiving : This is my 3rd Thanksgiving with FI and he's had to work the last two (they finally decided to close this year!)...but his family says he's missed most Thanksgivings due to work.
    Posted by 2012JulyBride[/QUOTE]

This is our fifth together and he has always had work, the first two he was working for a different company and they worked the shifts out that everyone could accommodate either a reasonably early or late dinner.  For the last three years at this current company though, we would have had to eaten turkey at 10am or 11pm. ehh

Do you run into the same for Christmas? He gets screwed over that day because he is one of the few that do not have children.  ...And why would you possibly want to be with your family on Christmas if there aren't children?...

Sorry for my rant... Despite the frustrations, I am very thankful that we both have jobs and realize we could be in a much worse situation.
  • Options
    I understand the need to vent. Someone on here is probably in a similar situation, whatever that situation may be.

FI works for an independent furniture company so there isn't the ability to work out shifts. Even though HE doesn't have a kid, the boss understands that "his wife," which I'm referred to there, has a kid who loves and adores him. With them being open 7 days a week, if Sunday isn't a busy day he gets that day off to spend time with me, because we live 2 hours away from each other. I also don't understand why people without kids "have to" work the holidays. Even with a kid (though my son has a split household) I'm more than ready to work holidays...but "on my time." The one job that I've worked that's been open on Christmas, I wasn't working there during the holidays and they open late, so it would have worked out.

Christmas really hasn't been much of a problem because the more important thing is my son...I've had that worked out for 8 years now, as long as his dad doesn't mess that up with his new wife. I don't think he works on Christmas, or only works a partial day delivering (last Christmas he was laid off but got his job back a while ago), but if he doesn't work, he goes with me to my parent's house to do the Christmas thing with my son on Christmas Eve and morning. Then when my son's dad (or his family) picks him up around noon-ish we're off to his mom's house. If he's not able to be with me at my parent's, I just drive to his mom's by myself.

FI and I do our thing Christmas afternoon/even at his mom's house so he's not having to bring his gifts to my parents' house, then back to his house, then I take them back home...or Christmas Eve at his mom's before I/we head to my parents' house.

Yeah, so this response was probably longer than what it needed to be but there are so many variables and much driving to be done with us around the holidays. Oh, and if my son goes with me to FI's mom's house, he get their presents there but if not, I usually take them with me before or after (depending on when everyone gives them to me) and so he'll open them in the morning with me or after he gets back from his dad's house for the weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm late, but I hope that everybody had a fabulous weekend!  I was brave enough to fight the crowds late last night/early this morning. We left at 11:00pm and got back about 9:00am.
  • Options
    Purple- Holy cow! I would have passed out standing in line or riding in the car!  How many stores did you make it to? And I'm hoping you got some great deals!
      We went to four stores from but only from 4-6a!
  • Options
    We were at Walmart by 11:15 and then we went to JC Penny and stood outside in line for about 3.5 hours.  Then we ventured into the mall and went to a few other stores. Next we went and grab some breakfast and then it was onto Michaels and Big Lots. I think those are the only places we went.  When I finally got back home I ended up taking a 2.5 hour nap. It was fun and I look forward to every year!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards