Offbeat Weddings

what do you think about...

having these dishes for wedding food? 
-meat lasagna
-veggie lasagna
-vegtable cassorole theat has potatoes yams carrots zucchini redonions and a parmesian breadcrumb topping
-meat and veggie trays
-german potatoe salad
-unlimited soda
-cupcakes

does this sound ike enough?
is it to simple?
also considered fish and chips lol..(very doctor who but figured that might be too casual?)
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: what do you think about...

• For some reason, I feel like those things don't go together. Maybe a simpler side dish (like straight-up veggies) and a green salad would go better with the lasagnas? The veggie casserole sounds really good though. 
  • Agreed that they don't go together. Maybe you can just concentrate on pasta dishes maybe add more like baked ziti or regular spaghetti, then serve with breadsticks. 

I hate fish, so I'm not a fan of the fish and chips idea either. 
  • well is veggi lasanga count as a vegitarian dish? that was my whole point of having the veggi cassorole
  • Lasagna sounds like dress disaster waiting to happen
  • yeaaaahhhhhh maybe your right never thought of that...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_what-do-you-think-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:591d38d0-6cea-4c82-aa9b-fdf077da0752Post:d9d8a17a-3058-4a7c-b922-f6351bc10f2f">Re: what do you think about...</a>:
    [QUOTE]For some reason, I feel like those things don't go together. Maybe a simpler side dish (like straight-up veggies) and a green salad would go better with the lasagnas? The veggie casserole sounds really good though. 
    Posted by balletdawn[/QUOTE]

This!!! I think lasagnas are awesome! But maybe with a salad or breadsticks instead of roasted dishes? I hate traditional wedding food...looks pretty with no flavor so lasagna sounds good to me!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I am having lasagna & say go with it! Just eat carefully in your dress!  I thought the overall menu looked ok, but thought the veggie casserole & German potato salad were out of place.  The veggie lasagna will satisfy those who don't eat meat.  I would suggest a green leaf salad to replace your casserole.  And, I'm not sure if you're incorporating the potato salad because you are German, or if it was just thrown in there, but I think you could do without.  I'd replace it with a roll or garlic bread.

My other idea would be to get rid of the 2 lasagnas and replace them with chicken, beef, or some other meat.  It would be a meat, veggies, and potato type dinner then and your veggie casserole sounds hearty enough to feed those not eating meat.  You could add rolls to that type of meal as well.

But, in the end - do what makes YOU & FI happy Tongue Out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards