Second Weddings
Options

help....is it ok if I let his ex know.....

thank you for the advice! talked with fh and he is going to talk to her

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: help....is it ok if I let his ex know.....

• Options
    edited December 2011

As an ex-wife, I would find it strange if my XH's finance called me to let me know of a change in their wedding date....  So, my answer would be no.  No, its not ok, this is something that your FI needs to do. 

• Options
    hhgg1225hhgg1225 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am an ex wife as well but I would want to know. especially since one of the things she told my fh is that she didn't want us to plan our weddings near each other. I just don't want my ex to wait til a month before and it become a serious issue. I wish I could just push him into telling her now so we can get it over with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    What is his hesitation?  It really is his responsibility to tell her.
  • Options
    hhgg1225hhgg1225 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the advice
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be frank, I think you, FI, and the ex-wife need to be more concerned about the daughter. That's a LOT of stuff going on in her life in a few short days.

He needs to keep HER foremost in his mind and tell his ex right away. The whole conversation should revolve around the daughter.

"Hey there Ex, how are you? Good. Listen, you know I'm engaged, and well, it turns out the the only time Bob can be available for my wedding is June 10. I *hate* that it is so close to yours. Believe me, it is *not* intentional. But I'm stuck. Let's think about it and then talk later about how we can handle this well for little Becky Joe's sake. She is who matters the most."

THAT should be what pushes him to action. He's got to make this workable for her.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hhgg - please don't change your original post some of us are now lost when reading this.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Repost:

hhgg - please don't change your original post some of us are now lost when reading this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards