Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Tlaquepaque - Vendor Meals

So while I do plan on feeding my vendors, I don't want to seat them at my tables. We'll only have 5 largish tables (only about 52 guests) and I think it'd be awkward to seat the dj, guitarist, and coordinator with my guests. (My photographer is a friend and will be seated with my guests.)

But my caterer (Rosalie's of Sedona) is not being helpful at all when I asked her where vendors are typically fed at Tlaquepaque receptions. She just said it's up to me. Not.helpful!

Is anyone familiar with Tlaquepaque in Sedona and/or have suggestions on where to seat the vendors for their meal? Our reception will be in the Calle Independencia courtyard/street, so it's not like there's a side room where we can put them.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Tlaquepaque - Vendor Meals

• Options
    I'm no expert here, but I'm pretty sure that the vendors wouldn't feel comfortable eating with your reception guests either. It may be easier to just run it by one of your vendors to ask what they usually do. That's a bummer that the caterer isn't being very helpful. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    I am getting married in Sedona too. I have been to the courtyard you are talking about. Maybe it's time to ask your vender to stop being as professional with you and give you suggestions for that. Try asking where they would be most comfortable or what other brides have done in the past. I'm sure you will figure it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_tlaquepaque-vendor-meals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:69d8b489-3460-4e5a-bf61-50de794ac3dfPost:b17c7700-d08c-4963-8f1e-10b5fe2a79a8">Re: Tlaquepaque - Vendor Meals</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm no expert here, but I'm pretty sure that the vendors wouldn't feel comfortable eating with your reception guests either. It may be easier to just run it by one of your vendors to ask what they usually do. That's a bummer that the caterer isn't being very helpful. Good luck to you!
    Posted by FutureMrsWright2012[/QUOTE]

I sat my vendors with my guests, and they really appreciated it, and loved being treated a bit more as a guest.  From what I understand, a lot of times photographers and other vendors end up having to sit on the floor, or other uncomfortable places while trying to eat, get horrible boxed meals, or don't even get fed at all.  That was the last thing I wanted for people that were taking care of such important aspects of my day.  They were seated at tables, given the same meals as my guests, and I made sure they got cake, and bags from the candy table if they wanted.  They were thanking me and saying my wedding was the most fun they had at any wedding, even 11 months after it. 

I also feel like they went above and beyond for us, and maybe part of why is because we respected them so much, and tried to make sure they had a good experience too. 
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    Syndelin,

That was very sweet of you guys. I think it's great that you did that, but maybe not the norm? I'm not saying that vendors should be treated like crap and given yucky food. On the contrary, vendors should certainly be comfortable and provided a hot meal. We will have discussed this with one of our vendors so far (musician and his wife coming from California) who would feel most comfortable sitting with guests. I still need to talk to the others to see what they would prefer and when they'd like to take a break.

I read a couple different things on this topic (all state that obviously you should feed your vendors), but it seems to vary with where to seat them. Some vendors might prefer to eat out of site; whereas, others want to be part of the action. That's why I suggested that pattib talk to her vendors to see what they would prefer for that venue.
  • Options
    pattib5pattib5 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Thanks all! I did end up asking my DoC (don't know why I didn't ask her first! haha) and she just told me to ask my caterer/rentals lady to add a 48" round vendor table and the vendors will eat by the "scullery", whereever that is. My DoC said the vendors would most definitely not be eating with my guests. :) So yay, glad that got sorted out!

Are there any vendors I'm forgetting about feeding?
    - DJ
    - Guitarist
    - DoC
    - Photographer & second shooter (will be seated as guests)
    - Officiant (also the best man, so he'll obviously be seated as a guest)

Caterer and their staff aren't fed, right? Since presumably they already have access to the food. What about the bartender? The bartender is part of the catering staff, so I'm assuming no. But I hate assuming.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Do you have a videographer? Otherwise, I think your list covers it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards