Georgia-Atlanta

Oh No.. They wanna change my date!!!

Oh no, my FI and family think we should change our date to april 2013 instead of april 2021. Since were on a budget my FI wants to use this year to plan and pay. The have wedding in 2013 why/?? what do yall think???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Oh No.. They wanna change my date!!!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_oh-wanna-change-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:5818516c-323f-4f48-b37b-a5e12b25cb2bPost:226a22cf-c1f8-4784-89f3-e5ebf203ed8f">Oh No.. They wanna change my date!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no, my FI and family think we should change our date to april 2013 instead of april 2021. Since were on a budget my FI wants to use this year to plan and pay. The have wedding in 2013 why/?? what do yall think???
    Posted by ruffjewel[/QUOTE]

Do you mean April 2012? Haha I read that and thought why on earth have such a long engagement?! Hehe.

Why do they want to move it back a year?
  • edited December 2011
    If it would be a struggle to make all the wedding payments, it would probably be a good idea to wait another year.  I guess it depends on what type of wedding you want.  If right now you can afford a backyard BBQ wedding and that's what you want, go for it.  If you want something fancier and more expensive that would be stretching the budget, save up and wait.  Wedding planning is stressful enough without having money problems :)
    Photobucket
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm not understanding, but if you were to have an April 2012 wedding, wouldn't that be just under a year from now, thus giving you a year to plan and pay? Or is FI just wanting April 2012-April 2013 as an additional year to plan and pay?

I agree with the above post. If you really really want something bigger and grander, and are ok with waiting, then perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea. But if you are thinking something small scale, then I say you should have plenty of time to make something nice but modest happen. 

Good luck!
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another agreement for the plus's of postponing. We had a long engagement and it was less stressful because we could take the time...and had more money. I can relate to the idea of wanting to be married as soon as possible, but waiting has its benefits. HTH!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • edited December 2011
    Money wise it is good to wait. I really wanted to get married later this year but I wanted a nice wedding and didn't want to deal with the stress which is why we're getting married next year, lol and i'm still dealing with the stress you'd think I was the only woman in the world having an outdoor wedding in May!

Anyways, make the decision on what you and FI want! Keep in mind though that something can always come up...best laid plans and allLaughing
  • ruffjewelruffjewel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that's right my FI wants to get married April 2013. and have from now untill then to pay for everything. We do want something really fancy so  I see where yall are comming from and my FI as well, I just started to panic cause first he says he wants to plan right away then pushes back the date. Im  good now thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you split the difference and push it back 6 months instead of a year?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards