Second Weddings
Options

My dress

Bridal Gown ......FAIL FAIL FAIL
As you may remember I ordered my gown from an on line store.  They claim to be able to replicate any gown and have hundreds of pics on their site of designer gowns. Sent my pics and order and waited 16 long weeks to recieve my gown. It was so different from what i ordered, I called to ask if they sent me the right gown, they said they did. They never called me on the phone to talk to me just would e mail me.

When I inqiired with pics of the gown I wanted and they assured me they could replicate it. They told me it would look 95-97% like the pics. WRONG

It was a cheap piece of crap. Everything was wrong, the color (ivory over ivory, instead of over light gold)), cut (supposed to be A Line , it was Mermaid), beading was absent, no pearls on it alt all, and the lace bolero was not even trimmed, and did not fit, the lace they used was very cheap. Horrible shoddy work, it looked like a 5th grader did the sewing. 

I shipped the gown back and demanded my money back and they asked me to send pics of the gown THEY SENT me 3 days earlier because they disagree it looks nothing like what I ordered. I continued to demand my money back and I shipped it back and they are supposed to give me my money less 20% and shipping which they made 25 bucks profit on.(the shipping, charged me 35 and spent less than10 shipping it to me) I was soooooo pissed off that I got totally lied to and duped.

So lesson learned, buyer beware on the internet.

I knew it could go bad and I was prepared for that, I am hesitant to post pics or their name until I get my money back. BUT WHEN I DO, look out. The pen is mighter than the sword and I am going to post all over the bridal boards on every wedding website out there.

I went to local House of Brides yesterday and found a beautiful Allure Coture gown and purchased it on the spot, so I have a gorgeous gown. Ivory lace overlay over a light gold satin underlay, the color is gorgeous. Deep v neck and back with illusion lace sleves. I'll get pics of me in it later and post.

So, I rolled the dice and lost, I'll post all the pics and their name when I get my money back. I know they peruse the wedding websites so I didn't even want to post Bridal Gown in the Heading of the post until I get my refund.

Re: My dress

• Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Oh crap!  (literally and figuratively).  I thought I would open this post and see pics of a stunning dress.  Meh!  So sorry this happened, but yeah you roll the dice on these internet purchases.  I am anxious to see what this internet dress looks like and I'm dying to see what the new one looks like!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh that stinks!  But it's what you thought right?  Too bad, but good deal on finding an awesome dress.  Hurry up with the pics already!  I also can not wait!

I picked my dress up last week, I love it more than ever!  I am having a hard time not showing FI.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    AmethystLdy28AmethystLdy28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry that happened! That really sucks! At least you were able to find a beautiful dress despite all the problems. Can't wait to see the pics! It sounds awesome!

Diana :)
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I am SO SORRY to hear that.  I had really considered it when the Sottero gown I'd originally wanted/ordered came back as "out of production" and I had to pick another.  I saw the ad (I'm pretty sure it's going to turn out to be the same place, due to your use of the percentages promised and photos shown) and thought "Well, there ARE people who can replicate just about anything, so maybe..."   My fiance is actually the one who talked me out of it, even when I gave the award winning answer of "but it would be over a thousand dollars cheaper than the gown I'm going to order!"   Had he not been so insistent, I'd have done it myself, most likely.

I hate that you had to go through that, but am glad that you seem to have a gown that you love, now.  I wish you the best in getting your money back!
    10-10-10
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AlphaBride, I'm so sorry this happened to you...  I'm sure that you are more than pissed, but you have shown grace where it counted and please do blast away once you get your money back.

I'm thrilled though that you find a gown that you love and that will work!!  I can't wait to see the pictures of your Allure gown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies, there are reputable places on the internet to order original custom gowns at a better price, Like Pearls Place.

My gown is staying at my sister's house for now, so I don't mess with it constantly.

I am scheduled for a fitting at the seamstress on July 14th and I'll take pics at the first fitting and post.

• Options
    cwcottagecwcottage member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Alphabride. I am so sorry you had to go through this. I would love to know the company you used. I am buying a replica gown myself and although it's just the start of the process I have been very pleased with how things have gone. I did a lot of research and finally decided to use eBay seller jasminesbridal. I am having a pretty complicated gown made so I am not expecting it to be just like the original. I have joked around with the FI that if it's even 50% of the original I will be thrilled. They communicate with me every step of the way and send pictures of options and do not proceed until I give the go ahead. Sometimes there are several e-mails a day. They have been wonderful. I am paying about $200 for a Michelle Roth Marina dress. I do have a backup dress that I also love just in case. When I researched these places I thought it would be worth $200 just to see what the heck a wedding dress from China looked like!

I wish you all the best and hope the new dress is the dress of your dreams.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh no that is horrible I am so sorry you had to go back to the drawing board!!!! Hugs I am glad you found a dress!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Would it by chance be Dress Times?

I ask because I came across this and was wondering if anyone had luck with them!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards