Wedding Party
Options

Color question

My dress is ivory and my girls dresses are called buttercup. It is a creamy buttery yellow. Not super pale but not bright at all. I have no idea what color shoes. I feel like my options are to match the dress, silver, nude, or ivory. I never in a million years thought I wanted matching shoes but I think that may look the best? I also think nude would be good. My girls are all so sweet and say they will wear whatever I ask but two of them questioned if nude would look nice. Opinions? And also, do you think a pearl and crystal necklace would look nice with that yellow? That is what I am wearing and I love pearls. Thought maybe if I went that route the ivory shoes would work? I know no one will notice this stuff as much as me but I still obsess over it!

Re: Color question

• Options
    If I were wearing a yellow dress, in May, for a wedding, I would prefer to wear a gold/bronze color strappy sandal.

I feel like there are lots of nice nude color pumps out there in various price ranges, but the nude strappy sandals that don't have the informal-ish cork wedge are few and far between.
  • Options

depending on style of dress I think will determine pearls or bling. For my dress I have a beautiful pearl necklace that colorwise went with my dress, but due to the style of my dress and the applique work on it, the pearls looked horrible. Same for my girls, their dresses are plain but have a side broch in crytals so we went crystals for their stuff too. For shoes, i would do nude.

• Options
  • Options
    I'd tell them anything in the nude/beige/taupe/champagne color family.  Broadens their scope.  One of my friends did that for her wedding that I was in and I found a pair with silky straps that were actually comfortable and I wore again.  And you're right that many women already own heels in that color, so less shopping for them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards