Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

8/27/11 DE Vendors

We had our wedding during the hurricane... here are the vendor experiences.
Wedding location- Heritage Shores- They were so nice until the day of the wedding. Things then changed. The food compared to the tasting was horrible. Staff were very rude!
DJ- G.R. Myers- He is the BOMB! He was there early and when they kicked us out, he offered to do a free party for us.
Photographer-Christie Barrows- the best photographer. She is so nice and accommodating!
Make a Memory Photo Booth- PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! YOU WILL REGRET IT! I wasted over $1k on this company. They called me 2 hrs before the ceremony and cancelled on me! BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY! The two ladies that run it are rude and have no compassion for anyone!
Linens - Dover Rent All- highly recommended. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 8/27/11 DE Vendors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YUP! And I spent $11k there, and they are giving me $800 back. THEY ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did it have anything to do with the incoming hurricane? Or were they just like, 'umm... you need to leave'?
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I kinda agree with what EaglesBride is saying. I mean, state of Emergency in DE after 6pm on Saturday... Meaning no one can drive, unless they're emergency personnel or necessary for emergencies. Not only do the staff at the venue (who were probably a little peeved that they had to serve for a wedding when there was a possibility of an incoming disaster so they couldn't be at home with their loved ones preparing for the storm. Also- just a thought. Could there be the possibility that the chef that prepared the food for you during your tasting had evacuated like everyone near the beaches was told to and they had a fill in chef?) have to drive in it, but the staff with the photo booths had to as well. Most of these larger companies have to have a certain insurance out for their staff, so if anything were to happen to them, they would have to pay the families good money. (Accidental death and dismemberment...?) To be honest, unless your wedding was at like, 10 am, I'm shocked they didn't flat out cancel or postpone your event, considering the amount of damage that was sustaned at the beaches. (Have you seen OCMD? NJ shores??)

The photographer and the dj are probably self owned, which means that they can do anything they need to. (If they want to risk driving in a hurricane, tornado, tsunami, that's on their own head. Not at an employer who has to insure them.) The linens were probably dropped off in advance, so they weren't affected by the state of emergency either.

I mean, I'm sorry that your wedding didn't turn out the way that you pictured, but at the end of the day, are you married to the man of your dreams? And you have a contract with the photobooth company, or so I would hope... Isn't there anything in there about them canceling?
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards