Ohio-Cleveland

my mothers dress

my mother wants me to use her wedding dress. it was origionally designed by my grandmother based off a 1940s design..(she used lace bought from Pairs!) i love lace and wanted to wear a similar dress. i currently live in the cleveland area. does anyone know where i can take the dress and re-design it to a more modern style?
iwould love to wear her dress i just have no idea how to create a new style or where to go.
any suggestions would be helpful.
thanks.
maggieLaughing

Re: my mothers dress

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a great idea! Plus, you'll have your something old, something new and something borrowed... all in one shot. :) Add a blue jewel or stitching somewhere on it and you're good to go.

Try contacting Denise at Julianne's Bridal Outlet in Olmsted Falls. Not only does she do alterations, but makes dresses from scratch and her prices are reasonable. She's been in the business for around 25 years, IIRC. I think it would be worth calling for a consultation with her. She works on any dress from anywhere, not just ones sold in her shop. She did my wedding gown alts and also alts for a BM dress when I was in my brother's wedding. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • saraparasarapara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a bridal shop in Chardon called Ooh-La-La and I know they do custom designs.  I think their prices are pretty reasonable too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards