Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

RANT DAY!!!!!!!

Re: RANT DAY!!!!!!!

• Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jay gave me a GPS for Christmas. It helped me so much while house hunting/wedding planning. Then a few weeks later he asked to borrow it for a bike race because it is more convenient than his iphone, which would have served the same purpose. I was nice and let him borrow it for races for the next 6 weeks even though it meant I couldn't use it on some major house hunting trips and he never gave it back to me on time.

Now, after I told him I needed it, he tells me he lost it/got stolen. And said "I'm sorry' not really meaning it. I also find out he had known for 2 weeks. He didn't offer to do anything, just said "get over it" and got mad at me for getting mad at him. (actually, he didn't even give me a chance to say anything)

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. If it was one of his bike "toys" that I borrowed, he'd be flipping a lid. But I'm supposed to "get over it"

I swear I am going to kill him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marissa that sucks!
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain Marissa -- that sucks!
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That sucks!  I'd be pissed, too!  Did you put it to him that way?  You should say, "I know you think I should 'get over it', but think about it this way-if I took one of your bike toys and lost it or it got stolen, how would you react?"  Usually when I'm trying to make a point with Steve I say something similar to that because usually he's not seeing it from my point of view.  Jay should have told you about the GPS.  I'm sure he knew you'd get mad and him saying "get over it" is him trying to end the argument because he knows he messed up.  At least that's my opinion.  You should ask to borrow his iPhone since it's got GPS ;) 

• Options
    JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah.  That sucks.  I'm sorry Marissa.  Maybe he will get you one for your bday tomorrow. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww. I hate it when "your" gift turns into "his" gift... Why don't they just buy their own stuff?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would make him buy me another one immediately.  But I'm kind of mean like that. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea I agree....he should buy you another one!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Steph.  I'm mean too though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow.   I'd be totally bent out of shape about this.

If he had just told you it was lost/stolen I might be upset, but not mad.  Not being upfront with you, and then acting like its no big deal though.  Bad idea! Yell
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ewww I'd be HOT too!! Not telling you is one thing but then getting upset at you because he messed up and now your upset is another!! I hate it when I am angry about something he feels like he has to be too just to "defend" his actions....heeellloooo just apologize (and buy me a new GPS!!!)

• Options
    Audrey&AustinAudrey&Austin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That really does suck! I know that I'd be pretty upset if I were in your position. The fact that he acted like it wasn't a big deal and tried to hide it would be the thing that upsets me the most, I think. And, since I'm the type of person that needs a GPS or they risk getting lost, I'd be sending him out ASAP to get me a new one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_rant-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6a27806c-ee63-4f1b-9001-1f6c930b14d4Post:35206ed6-ca87-4d99-a41a-6319d0c5d1f1">Re: RANT DAY!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would make him buy me another one immediately.  But I'm kind of mean like that. 
    Posted by steph13055[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's what I was thinking, but since we're getting married in 6 weeks and his money will soon be my money...and we really need everything we have for a load of expenses that will be popping up soon before I get any paychecks for my job, I cant really justify it.

So I'm putting it on the registry :) If he knows what's good for him he wont get it for my birthday tomorrow--that doesn't count!

I'm in a much better mood now...Jay called me last night and apologized and is doing some major groveling.

Thank you for listening!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards