Catholic Weddings
Options

Speaking of Ceremony Music...

Dear Marty Haugen,

Why oh why did you have to make "Shepherd Me O God" have 4 flats???  It's a beautiful song... but yeesh.

Sincerely,
Incompetent violinist dreading impending failure while playing for a friend's wedding this weekend

Re: Speaking of Ceremony Music...

• Options
    I transpose it to em. way easier
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_speaking-of-ceremony-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:fe21b610-6a87-42a6-8c64-209c7321a820Post:499972a2-d2dd-40a5-ad1b-8e0e5f49ddff">Re: Speaking of Ceremony Music...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I transpose it to em. way easier
    Posted by agapecarrie[/QUOTE]

<div>Aww, shoot... I should have done that when I worked on that with my sister last week... we had to create the violin part from scratch since the bride and groom couldn't find the full score!  (And by scratch I mean mashing the oboe part and part of the piano accompaniment)</div>
  • Options
    I love this thread.  And now that song is in my head and I love it even more.  =)
    Anniversary

• Options
    We do it a little raggae at Lifeteen. I like "tweaking" things.

• Options
    Oh, to be musically competent myself...I can play a little piano, but music is not a charism with which God blessed me, or the ability to do any art, really. I can't really complain, because he gave me so many other blessings and it teaches me humililty to love it so much and be so hoplessly unartistic, virtually tone deaf, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ohhhh, that's one of my all-time favorite hymns, and I don't get to sing it nearly enough..."you alone are my hope."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Different song. That's shelter me o God
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards