Florida-West Coast
Options

Florist issues

I thought I was going to do my own flowers by ordering in bulk and making my own stuff but then I changed my mind and met with a florist.  I go in there with no budget in mind and tell her what I want.  She comes back with a quote and I mark off some things to make the overall cost more reasonable for me.  I end up only with my bouquet, bm's bouquets, groom and gm's boutineers, fxs' boutineers, and mothers' corsages.  I signed the contract for $800. 

I think that's way too much.  I paid a deposit of $200.  I look at the contract and my bouquet is $300 alone.  (I ordered peonies which are out of season, but even a bouquet of red roses was super expensive still).  I'm considering calling her up and just paying for my bouquet and getting the rest elsewhere. 

What do you all think?  Should I be shocked this is soooo high?? 

Re: Florist issues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds about right, especially for peonies. Flowers are ridiculous!
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fair Warning: i ordere peonies (out of season for my October wedding) They were shipped from holland and came in the wrong color the day before my wedding. I ended up with fake peonies in my bouquet on my wedding day. I was SO upset about the whole situation, but I stil get compliments on my flowers.

I would go back and see what they would charge you for your flowers if they used fake peonies instead of real ones which may not come in the right color.

ETA my total flower cost was $700.00 That was my bouquet ($150) 4 BM carrying a single peonie, MOH carrying peonie with 3 roses, 10  rose boutineres, 2 Mother's corsages 3 grandmother corsages and 2 godmother corsages along with 3 yellow memory roses and 1 can't be with us today rose as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bouquet is $120, but I am not having peonies.  Sounds like those are expensive flowers ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that sounds pretty expensive. I mean.. if you are concerned about the price it is obviously too expensive. It's too bad you already signed the contract too! Did you meet with other florists?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mpgatormpgator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bouquet is $190. I would suggest rethinking the peonies and contacting the florist to put something together without the peonies and that is closer to what you're wanting to pay.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $800 sounds about right, especially for out-of-season peonies.

Have you contacted anyone else? I would recommend shopping around a little bit more for a florist. I went with Fishhawk Florist. Stephanie is fantastic and she is SO reasonable. www.fishhawkflorist.com

FYI: My bouquet is $99 (ivory and lavender roses, ivory stock, white freesia), 3 BMs bouquets (lavender and ivory roses, dark purple lisianthus and dark purple stock), 5 rose G and GM's boutonnieres, and 7 reception centerpieces (6x6x6 square vases with lavender and ivory roses and purple limonium. The total was $660.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't meet with other florists.  I just saw how great her reviews are.  I figured I was only getting a few things so even if they were expensive, it would be fine.  I just didn' think it would be $300 just for one bouquet.  With just red roses it would have been $170 or something like that.  But I figured I really want the peonies even if I would be the only one getting them.  I know they are out of season for my wedding (Sept).  I guess I'll just stick to it since I already signed the contract anyways.  Yell
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards