Florida-South Florida
Options

Help Me Choose a Venue! Plus Affordable Hair & Makeup

We're on a budget of $100 per person for a sit-down reception. I'm deciding between two venues at the moment: the Newport Beachside Resort in Sunny Isles Beach and the Coral Gables Country Club. Do any fellow Knotties have experiences to share? I'd really love to see some pictures of past weddings held at either location.

The second part of my question relates to hair and makeup.  My budget for hair and makeup for me, plus hair only for 5 bridesmaids, is $450. Does anyone have someone to recommend who can work with limited budgets? I'd really love to find someone who charges by the hour - seems like it's a better deal this way.

Thank you SO much, ladies! :)

Re: Help Me Choose a Venue! Plus Affordable Hair & Makeup

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that the Amanda Lynn Salon in Davie charges by the hour.
    www.amandalynnsalon.com 954-993-3403

one of the girls on here just recently did a trial with her and said they loved it!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    plswitzeplswitze member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about the venues (sorry)... but I am the knottie who just used Amanda Lynn. She is awesome and does charge by the hour. I feel very confident with her... definitely look into her. GL!
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies! I contacted Amanda Lynn and she is the cheapest of the people I've talked to so far. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cocoplum Women's Club's package is around that (at least when I booked) and it includes A LOT (DJ, some flowers, cake, linens - pretty ones, not white). I would definitely look into them. I know a lot of couples who have gotten married at the CG Women's Club which is also nice, but I don't know about their pricing.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Coral gables country club is awesome! Just went to a wedding there the other day! Alore Event Firm is the company who did the wedding you can see pics in there facebook page follow the link on the site www.eventsbyalore.com :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards