Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

XP: Truffles for Favors at outdoor wedding?

Hello Ladies,

My wedding is in Mexico April 19th. Average temp for time of day is 75degrees. My questions are: Does anyone have experience giving truffles as a wedding favor at a warm outdoor wedding? If so, did they melt?

The truffles I would use stand up pretty well to body heat (i.e. I can hold them in my hand and they dont stert melting like a milk chocolate would). Also, half of our wedding cake is chocolate with a chocolate filling and chocolate gabache, and our baker states that it will stand up to the temp. Regardless, I certainly do not want to give our guests pretty little boxes of misshapen mess!!!

Thoughts?
"Always be kinder than you think is necessary, for you never know what personal battles people are fighting."

Re: XP: Truffles for Favors at outdoor wedding?

• Options
    PS. I did post this question on both the "Favors" and "outdoor weddings" forums, but receuved no responses. Since you ladies were so helpful with my cake flavor question, I thought yall could help me with this! :)
    "Always be kinder than you think is necessary, for you never know what personal battles people are fighting."
  • Options
    Ganache is one form or another is the basic ingredient in a chocolate truffle  (usually a thick ganache is chilled and scooped into balls that are then coated in a thinner ganache), so if your baker thinks the cake will stand up to the temps, I would think the truffles would be OK.

Be careful, of course, that they aren't displayed in direct sunlight.  If you wanted, you could store them in a cooler (with or without dry ice) until ready to hand them out.  75 isn't all that bad, though as hot temperatures go, so the cooler would just be an extra precaution.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Great! Keeping them chilled would not be a problem. Also, it is at night, so the sun is not a factor. They have cocoa powder, not powdered sugar and are premade.
  • Options
    If they're coated with cocoa, you should be fine.  It can handle absorbing a little extra moisture, too (from the chilling), without losing it's look like powdered sugar or "sweating" as a chocolate coating can.

Yummy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards