Washington-Seattle
Options

Seattle Wedding Show

It's coming up! I'm so excited, it was so much fun last year! Are any of you excited to go too?

Re: Seattle Wedding Show

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm meeting you and Aly there - really, really, really looking forward to it!
    Married my best friend September 26, 2010 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally!!! (I e-mailed you on FB.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :)  I think I have most everything figured out but still need to finalize some things.
    Married my best friend September 26, 2010 image
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since I'm not doing a local wedding, I found that I was kinda bored by the Tacoma Expo (not that it compares, so I hear).  But I've heard from some vendors that the Seattle Expo is awesome, and that you can get good deals from vendors.  Just make sure not to commit to something with an unreputable vendor that you've never heard of, and don't give out your phone numbers (just give them your email address that you don't mind getting spam sent to).

Oh, and eat lots of cake.  But that should go without saying.
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even though we've got most of our vendors nailed down - i'm still excited to go!  a good hint that i got from one of my friends - bring mailing labels so that you won't have to fill out the millions of contest forms - just slap on a label! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's really good advice Carrie! Last year a DJ called and left me a message while I was at work telling me I had won a free DJ package, too bad they mysteriously never returned my phone calls for me to claim my prize! :P

Yeah the mailing lable idea is a really good one! I saw girls doing that last year!
  • Options
    marksmartinimarksmartini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can't wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI, I know the Costco in Southcenter has $2 off per ticket coupons around their invitation sample books.  Or if anyone wants one to print out, PM me your email addy and I'll send it along.  I'm also kind of curious to see how this private messaging system works (if it does).
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    alycokeralycoker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm married and can't wait to go with my two favorite 2010 brides to the show! It was such fun last year!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not going this year. I don't have anything I need to get accomplished, but it is a lot of fun and I recommend anyone planning a wedding to go. Lots of great savings from vendors too.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going and dragging FI. Ha! Last year I went with my sister/MOH. I always eat food samples because I'm a piggy. :D Plus, I want him to see some tuxes, and we really need the help of some discounts at this point on some vendor stuff.

Oh, maybe you guys can help me decide. Chairs are ridiculously expensive, and delivery on a Sunday is more than 2x the cost of just the chair rental! We're going to hijack someone to rent a Uhaul and do the pick-up and return as that would be less expensive to have a truck for the whole dang day then have them give us chairs for a 4 hour window. :P  So, the cheapest vendor we can find is apparently giving a 10% discount if we book before the end of the year. Should we go ahead and book that or do you think we'll have better chances with booking at the wedding show for getting better pricing?
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I might go even though most everything is done... It will help with some ideas I think!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KST that's a tough call! I would go with your gut, or maybe call some places that you think might be at the show and ask if they will be having any promotional offers??
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm thinking about going. I have pretty much everything done, I would go just for the experience though! And I was really bummed about the Lynnwood show in Sept. There was no cake!! But Jan is full for me so far, hopefully I'll make it!

Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    rachipooh7rachipooh7 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I was just thinking about this today! I am WAY excited to go and I think FI should come...... but i doubt he will! HAHA thats ok tho but im excited about eating CAKE! :) YUM the lynnwood expo was smaller then I was expecting and there was a lot of people there (which is good i suppose )   :)

the label thing is a GREAT idea :)
    and i love watching the fashion show :)

i was going to ask all you girls if you were going to go to the seattle expo or the tacoma expo.. but i think you all have answered my question :)

Happy Holidays Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i meant was NOT a lot of people at the lynnwood expo :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great suggestion SaraAnn! I'll give that a try. I totally suck at negotiating/bartering or even thinking to ask some questions like that!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    cmcclaningcmcclaning member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! I know I am late responding to this but I AM SUPER EXCITED!!! We went last year but werent in a really good position to work out some deals but this year we can! YAY!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KST- who knows maybe if you word it right when you ask then some vendors thinking that somebody else might be offering a deal at the show, that might prompt them to offer you a good deal in anticipation of competitor prices... (Does that even make sense?)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    is everyone going to the one in tacomaon the 2nd and 3rd or the one in seattle on the 16th and 17th?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to the Seattle show.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im going to go to the Seattle one, but my MOH just emailed me and said that there is a Northwest Bridal Showcase on January 9 - 10

at the Everett Events Center:
    http://www.nwbridalshowcase.com/

so many shows!! im not sure what to do :) haha :)

Happy Christmas Eve :)

• Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to Seattle too, with my mom.  So excited.  I'm hoping to get lots of great deals on the vendors I still need and taste lots of yummy cake!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on going to the Seattle one. 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards