New Hampshire
Options

Another cake question--has anyone used Tastefully Wright cakes (Wilton) before?

We are considering Jacques---but also wanted to check out a few other cake vendors also.  Our venue recommended Denise Wright from "Tastefully Wright" Cakes, Wilton.  http://www.nhweddingcakes.com/about.html

Love the cake that looks like a birch tree---and the wooden cake stand.  (Jacques has one that is similar).  Both are similarly priced, (about $4 per slice), but Tastefully Wright is a bit closer to our venue, where Jacques is about 40-something miles away.  She guarantees that the cake will be made the day before the wedding--to be fresh, (she never uses frozen cakes--which I have heard Fredericks and other bakers sometimes do).

We have a cake tasting scheduled for next Thursday (2/24) with Tastefully Wright, so it will be interesting to compare them to Jacques.  Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them before.  She also requires only a $50 deposit.  If you have any feedback--please let me know.  I'll let you gals know what we think after we meet with her next week.

September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
imageimage
Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
Anniversary

Re: Another cake question--has anyone used Tastefully Wright cakes (Wilton) before?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I tasted both...HANDS down Jacques won! Pricing was a bit more, but the taste and the overall look is better in my opinion. The delivery fee for Jacques is $100 to the shattuck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were very happy with the quality and also with the helpfulness of Jacques.

We are going with the Birch tree cake too! Isn't it just so cute?!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ameila---I knew you had booked Jacques, but didn't know you tried Tastefully Wright. My only concern about Jacques is that they are so far away from Jaffrey.  I think we're probably going to go between either Tastefully Wright or Jacques....hopefully, we'll get this booked in the next few weeks.
    Daydream---LOVE the birch bark cake---it goes so well with our theme.  We just ordered a birch "ring pillow" for the ring bearer also.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    lrdespres17lrdespres17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with tastefully wright a few weeks ago....i wont be using her. her cakes have no flavor and she is very outspoken on what you can and cant have for a cake. however if u want her signature birch tree you might have a better experience (which is wicked cute!) . if you want a special design all you will hear is no no no...or at least i did....no real flowers no i must have fonant etc etc. oh and out of the 40 something flavors of cakes she has she only lets you try three! as a heads up she will be at Hidden Hills tomorrow (sunday feb 20) for the country bridal show so it would be a good opportunity to take a few other of her cakes....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 140 Invitedimage 72 Ready to Partyimage 0 Party Poopersimage 68 MIA image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards