Ohio-Columbus
Options

We booked our DJ last night!

Hi all! I'm just excited that we booked our DJ last night. : ) We decided to go with K-Sound (Kurtus Nichols). He was highly recommended by our wedding venue and all reviews I read about him on Wedding Wire give him 5 stars. He also gets rave reviews on his FB page.

My FI and I met with him last night for an hour and a half. He sounds like he really knows what he's talking about and really understands how to keep the party going.

Just thought I'd share. Everyone else have their DJ booked or are some people doing live bands?

Re: We booked our DJ last night!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the check!
    We are doing all harp music. The entire day. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Sounds lovely. : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Music Express.  They seem to know what they're doing....I'm very VERY picky about music so I'm sure I will drive our DJ insane.  The Bridezilla may make an appearance.  I'll let ya know how it goes in about, oh, fifty some odd days.  Not that I'm counting....
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are meeting with Buckeye Entertainment on Monday because our previous DJ disappeared (more or less, long story).  They have really good reviews so I am super excited that one of the DJs was still available on fairly short notice.

Not to jack the thread but what questions did you ask your dj Kday?  Obviously we did not do a very good job the first time around....

On another note, we are  having a Frank Sinatra impersonator during cocktail hour and dinner. Cool
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem! Well when I met with Kurtus he actually answered all of the questions that I had written down before I could ask them : ), but when I met with another DJ before him, these are some of the questions I asked:

Does your price include the ceremony?
    Have you been to my venue before?
    Are you the MC for the night as well?
    How do you motivate the crowd to dance?
    What happens if for some reason you can't make it?
    How involved can we be with the song selection?
    Do you take requests from guests?
    Do you take breaks during the reception?

Hope those help! I picked out some of the questions from this site: Questions to Ask a DJ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are probably just going to use an IPOD, but we are having more of a causual reception, so we don't really need a DJ
  • Options
    tess6373tess6373 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are just starting to look for ours- how much does yours run for?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards