June 2012 Weddings
Options

Candy Bar

So, we have decided that we want to do a candy bar, but I'm not too sure on how much candy to buy. There will be about 20 people at our wedding. Any suggestions?

Re: Candy Bar

• Options
    We're doing a candy buffet as well, but we're paying a vendor to come in and put up the bar.  Maybe you could call a vendor and ask them (as if you were interested in having them do your buffet), how much candy will they buy..  and any other questions you may have.  
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would say about 1/2 lbs per person.
    There are a ton of ladies on here doing candy bars, so you will probably be better talking to like Zims. I know for sure she is doing one.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would say 1/4 to 1/2 a pound per person would be good.  The best way to control how much they take is with the size of the bag/container the candy will go in.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_candy-bar-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2006bb5d-604f-403e-a10c-08428b75b0cbPost:fcaf4a70-42d2-41bc-add1-12d7f8ebc18d">Re: Candy Bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say 1/4 to 1/2 a pound per person would be good.  The best way to control how much they take is with the size of the bag/container the candy will go in.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]
    Oh yes! We got smaller bags so people wouldn't take too much. We're having a fruit and veggie spread for cocktail hour, salads, plated dinners, and 3 kinds of wedding cake lol
  • Options
    We are doing a candy bar with around 120 people. We did a 1/4 lb per person and have small bags. We are also offering fruit during the candy bar for those who don't like candy. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm doing a candy buffet, but not really weighing out the candy. I bought 8 good size containers and will fill each of them with a different type of candy. I also purchased the smaller bags so people won't take too much first time up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_candy-bar-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2006bb5d-604f-403e-a10c-08428b75b0cbPost:a6d456d0-7a6f-4c31-8bd2-694f0792d1a8">Re: Candy Bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Candy Bar : Oh yes! We got smaller bags so people wouldn't take too much. We're having a fruit and veggie spread for cocktail hour, salads, plated dinners, and 3 kinds of wedding cake lol
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

Golly. Your wedding sounds delicious!

First Look
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I can't wait to go shopping for our favourite candies :)
    Now to find something to hold them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards