Florida-West Coast
Options

DJ help

Who is your DJ and how much are you paying?  I wanted to go with Grant Hemond but they want to charge $795  becuase our wedding is in prime wedding season, I feel like that is a little steep.  Am I being unrealistic?
Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(

Re: DJ help

• Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Chris Grumley and he charged $700 because we booked him during a wedding festival.
  • Options
    mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's pretty average.  At least with Grant Hemond, you know he'll show up and do a great job for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with Rob Sword with Sword Sounds. He's charging us $595 but that's for the reception only. He's very personable and we've heard great things about him! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They'll do a GREAT job though, that's what I paid. They were awesome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Jeff Staples who was a Grant Hemmond DJ but now has his own business.  He is doing our ceremony & reception (about 6 hours) for $595 in November.  That is for a Friday night so Saturday may be higher.  I called 3 references and they all raved about how great he was.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married mid-Feb and paying Grant Hemond MUCH more than that for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, plus extra hour of reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, good to know ladies.  Thanks for your help!
    Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(
  • Options
    jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_dj-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:8175383b-3bf8-435e-a7f5-b038e1eb8f50Post:3d6a007a-21b3-4f0e-adf9-8d6d962819d7">Re: DJ help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that's pretty average.  At least with Grant Hemond, you know he'll show up and do a great job for you.
    Posted by mitchsbride[/QUOTE]

Agree!
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We used Nature Coast DJ in Tampa. He did a great job, had great prices and was wiling to negotiate. We got 6 hrs DJ, 45 min solo violin for ceremony and 12 uplights for $650.00 Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    contact jeff with sgmobile.... for uplighting and 4 hours of sevice im paying 765! without uplighting im paying 465! HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards