Favors
Options

Hmm do you like this idea?

Hey ladies!
  I'm trying to brainstorm ideas for favors. I like the idea of doing thing that is edible since everyone taking one will more likely use/eat it. My FI and I have been doing long distance for most of our relationship and everytime we get to see each other we always make pancakes, its like our thing. Would it be cute to give out little jars of pancake mix? I've seen such things for cookies before with all the dry ingrediants and then the instructions on the label. Thoughts?

Re: Hmm do you like this idea?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a cute idea since it's something that you and your FI share but I would add a little note explaining it (maybe try to make a cute little poem).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with jagore.  It's a cute idea, and I think a little rhyme would really add to it.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is an awesome idea!! It is something that you and FI share & for you to share that with your guests is a great idea!! I'm sure they will love it as well!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's an awesome idea! Everyone loves a good pancake!
  • Options
    pita1127pita1127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it! And it is different.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of pancake mix as the favor but the fact that it means something to you and your FI makes it that much cuter. I definitely think it's something your guests will use.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea, you can get little jars meant for baby food (there are a variety of sizes) and pick one that will fit a portion or two of mix, you could put in chocolate or nuts (beware of those allergic) cap the jar with a pretty ribbon on the lid and then attach a poem (I agree with PP) or something so people understand. Add instructions on what they need to add (how much water, eggs or w/e) and then you have a very personable favor.. If you have the budget and are looking to add a lil more to it, they sell mini wisks and woodenspoons that are tiny and would look so cute attached.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards